Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LineX or Rubber molding JK interior

Old 06-03-2009, 03:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the rubber floor but I am thinking about lining the bed I get water inbetween all the time.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Line-X, but I'm biased. At a year and a half it still hasn't faded.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Line-X'd interior is the best money I've spent on my JK, bar none. It looks great, deadens sound, is tough as nails, cleans up with a wet towel, etc.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:20 AM
JK Newbie

I love my Hurculiner. The best $150 i ever spent. It took a full weekend of my time to get it done but it was well worth it. I applied the UV protectant over it so no fading. I have no problems cleaning it. I just leave the drain plugs out. Rain does a good job of cleaning it out or if we are having a dry spell I just hose it down.

Here is the only good picture I have that shows my liner.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

If its not going to get too wet then do the jeep liner...if you plan on washing it out at the car wash I would do the do it yourself hurculiner..from O'rileys or someplace like that...........it'll never cause any rusting issues like the mat will it it gets moisture inbetween the body and the mat...which will happen trust me!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

For about $200 more you could Line-X. I've been shopping around for bed liner, and the closest Line-X quoted me $600.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Junkie

has anyone thought to throw down some herc or liquid nails....and then pressing in the rubber molding?
that way, no water between rubber and metal....better insulation, and it looks smoother than the herc alone...

hmmm...maybe its up to me.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
has anyone thought to throw down some herc or liquid nails....and then pressing in the rubber molding?
that way, no water between rubber and metal....better insulation, and it looks smoother than the herc alone...

hmmm...maybe its up to me.
just remember if you dont like how it comes out remove it quick lol

but with the price of the rubber mat and the herc you could just get the much better line x
Old 06-04-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tkob1060
just remember if you dont like how it comes out remove it quick lol

but with the price of the rubber mat and the herc you could just get the much better line x

i know....but I like the shapes of the molded rubber...even thought about hercing the carpet...so I have a smooth look over the whole thing.

I like the Jeep logos on the rubber too. Bet I could just stick some jeep lettering in before i line-xed it.

stupid idea floods.....I need a snorkel for my brain.....so i can think logically when all of these silly thoughts come pouring in.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another vote for Line-X. I did Herculiner...should have saved-up a few more bones and gotten Line-X.

Quick Reply: LineX or Rubber molding JK interior