Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LineX or Rubber molding JK interior

Old 06-02-2009, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking LineX or Rubber molding JK interior

I recently got caught in a downpour with the doors off and had to remove the carpet and let it dry for a few days.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/caught-rain-how-clean-87736/

I'd rather not go through that hastle again. Was wondering if anyone has and experience with this product?

MOPAR® Rubber Floor Liner Kit
For 07-09 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14154_101.htm

It seems like a decent buy if it sits flush where the carpet is now.

Or is it just a better option to LineX / Rhinoline the interior?

Looking for everyones suggestions, comments, experience. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If its anything like my carpet was, it will fly out of the Jeep when you have the doors and top off going down the road.

I ripped mine out a month ago and have been procrastinating doing Hurculiner myself. Spray in bedliners are great but the cost is 4x-5x the DIY version and over time, they both need updating anyway. A pro to the rubber I'm sure though is that it can be cleaned easier since the sparay-in stuff is textured and likes to hold dirt in.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
I ripped mine out a month ago and have been procrastinating doing Hurculiner myself. .

Do you have more info / links on Hurculiner?
Old 06-02-2009, 07:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Nick526
Do you have more info / links on Hurculiner?
Here's an 'almost' complete 'how-to' for an Unlimited... https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/herculining-gotchas-jk-unlimited-pics-30057/

Also try this search out but be prepared, there's alot of info.... https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sear...archid=2787857

The stuff is available at most any auto parts stores like Checker, Autozone, Pep Boys and I think even some Wal-marts. You may also find other brands of DIY kits like Magnaliner, Duplicolor in a can and Hippoliner to name a few.

Last edited by JPTwinz; 06-02-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:36 AM
JK Jedi Master

the issue with herc or durabak, once its dirty its a SOB, to clean plus it fades over time..

I'd spent the cash and have line-x do the inside if your set on that. its a bit smoother and dirt cleans out easier
Old 06-02-2009, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Nick526
I found a thread on another forum from a guy who put the rubber molding inplace of the carpet.

Looks like a complete replacement and looks pretty damn good.]

I never had a problem with my front flying out, it was always the rear part that goes on the fenderwells.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the rubber liner and have modded it, putting holes into it over where the drain plugs are. It drains well. My concern as was stated earlier is that you will run the risk of getting crud and water between the liner and the floor. However, it is a huge savings of time and/or money. Linex will cost you about double to triple what I have into the liner. Do-it-yourself options may be just as good as Linex but the time you put into it will be in the hours and days (from start to finish) timeframe.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:54 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have it and love it. I use 2 big magnets to hold the rear pieces down. Jptwinz is way up in the stratosphere and has to deal with the passing jetliners and such.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

The first thing I did to my JK was to have the tub done with linex, it was the best $800 I have spent so far. It looks great and I just hose it out when it gets dirty and I don't worry about rain with the sides and doors off.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with Line-X

Quick Reply: LineX or Rubber molding JK interior