Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LineX pros/cons

Old 04-07-2016, 04:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Low
The Wiring Harness will have to have a protective loom put on it, tape off ground connections so they can be accessed in future.
In the " Old Days", harnesses were run under the top edge of the body , protected and hidden. All the electronic Extras sure complicates things.
If you put your plastic trim pieces back in like I did they hide and protect the wires.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LineX

I got the green light to do this from my wife. I'm thinking of doing it during the winter when the Jeep hibernates on the garage. I know I'm going to have to take the seats out and rip all the heat shielding off. It honesty sounds like it can be done in a few days on and off working a couple hours at a time. It's just going to be a lot of prep work taping off the dash etc....
Old 04-07-2016, 10:54 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I got the green light to do this from my wife. I'm thinking of doing it during the winter when the Jeep hibernates on the garage. I know I'm going to have to take the seats out and rip all the heat shielding off. It honesty sounds like it can be done in a few days on and off working a couple hours at a time. It's just going to be a lot of prep work taping off the dash etc....
The Line-x shop usually tapes off the dash for you. Mine even stripped the heat/sound stuff.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you plan to spray the stuff in, I would not recommend the winter. I did mine in July.

This is the best thread for a DIY job. When I did mine, I didn't tape the ENTIRE car. That is my only regret. The over spray gets everywhere.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...-238739/page1/
Old 04-07-2016, 11:55 AM
JK Junkie

Never heard you could buy line-x and spray it yourself. I Monstalined my other Jeep myself with a roller which came out good, but it's not as thick as the Line-x.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Never heard you could buy line-x and spray it yourself. I Monstalined my other Jeep myself with a roller which came out good, but it's not as thick as the Line-x.
I think its like Kleenex and Ketchup. There are lots of brands that do the same thing and some people refer to the brand name but are just referring to the coating in general. I used Raptor liner.

Raptor liner
Herculiner
Line-X
Monstaliner
Ziebart
Gator Guard
POR 15
Rhino Liner
LizardSkin (not exactly a bedliner)
Old 04-07-2016, 12:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by maxspongebob
I think its like Kleenex and Ketchup. There are lots of brands that do the same thing and some people refer to the brand name but are just referring to the coating in general. I used Raptor liner.

Raptor liner
Herculiner
Line-X
Monstaliner
Ziebart
Gator Guard
POR 15
Rhino Liner
LizardSkin (not exactly a bedliner)

Ah gotcha...it's all Jello.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

If you're doing the liner yourself, I don't recommend doing it in the winter in your garage. That stuff off-gases quite a bit when it's curing and with the garage door shut, that stuff'll stink your house up for sure!
Old 04-07-2016, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any pics?
Any experience of dog nails scratching it up or is it pretty tough ?
Thanks
Old 04-07-2016, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrappi
Anyone have any pics?
Any experience of dog nails scratching it up or is it pretty tough ?
Thanks
We have Monstaliner in our YJ. Rolled it in ourselves 3 years ago. We have 3 dobbi's and one mix and they've not harmed the liner at all. No fading either, event though the jeep runs with the top off most of the time.

Quick Reply: LineX pros/cons