Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LineX pros/cons

Old 04-05-2016, 09:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's under the seats and floorboard carpet and is a heat and sound insulation barrier. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Edit: Here's a shot of some of it...

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by 14Sport; 04-05-2016 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
It's under the seats and floorboard carpet and is a heat and sound insulation barrier. I'll see if I can find a picture. Edit: Here's a shot of some of it... [/URL][/IMG]
Oh wow. Didnt realize that is what that was.
Does the tub tend to get real hot without it?
I'm headed on a road trip and dont want my luggage n stuff getting too hot.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:04 PM
JK Junkie

I definitely felt a difference after removing the carpet. I did not feel a difference between just no carpet and no carpet or sound/heat insulation (but the line-x was installed at the same time). Within a couple of days I didn't feel the additional heat so I must have just gotten used to it. When I drive my wife's JKU (only to go get her gas), I do not feel a difference when I get back in mine. It was warmer before the line-x so that helped insulate some.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is an old thread that talks about the pro's and cons of bed lining. My experience has been all positive. I didnt notice a sound increase, and the floors are a bit warmer, but not bad. I trimmed the front carpet inserts so they are easy to put in an out and I get the best of carpet and lined.

U-Pol Raptor Bed Liner in tub - Shots - Notes - Reference Threads - Page 11
Old 04-05-2016, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I definitely felt a difference after removing the carpet. I did not feel a difference between just no carpet and no carpet or sound/heat insulation (but the line-x was installed at the same time). Within a couple of days I didn't feel the additional heat so I must have just gotten used to it. When I drive my wife's JKU (only to go get her gas), I do not feel a difference when I get back in mine. It was warmer before the line-x so that helped insulate some.
Ok thanks.
Right now I have my carpet out and tryin to decide if I wanna put carpet back in or get it line-x before the road trip.
Had no idea about the heat/sound so thanks for that.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:27 PM
JK Junkie

I live in FL so part of the reason I felt the extra heat initially was because I spend every day in shorts and flip flops. If you get it line-x'd, it will be cooler than what you are experiencing with no carpet.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I live in FL so part of the reason I felt the extra heat initially was because I spend every day in shorts and flip flops. If you get it line-x'd, it will be cooler than what you are experiencing with no carpet.

Great. Thanks
Old 04-05-2016, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

anybody know of any place in the Dallas area that does lines the interior of JKUs?
Old 04-06-2016, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by drphil
anybody know of any place in the Dallas area that does lines the interior of JKUs?
I know Truxx in Lewisville does Jeeps and is a supporter of the local jeep club I am in. I believe the owner is Mike if I recall correctly. I've had them do a pickup bed several years back and it still looks good.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's under the seats and floorboard carpet and is a heat and sound insulation barrier. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Edit: Here's a shot of some of it...

[IMG][/IMG]
The Wiring Harness will have to have a protective loom put on it, tape off ground connections so they can be accessed in future.
In the " Old Days", harnesses were run under the top edge of the body , protected and hidden. All the electronic Extras sure complicates things.

Quick Reply: LineX pros/cons