Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LineX pros/cons

Old 04-01-2016, 12:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrappi
Thanks guys.... My local shop is asking around $800-900. For a 2dr JK does this sound reasonable?
I think that's a bit steep .... I paid less for my 4 door to get done and they did all the work removing seats etc .... My buddy did the work himself removing seats etc in his 4 door and paid a couple hundred less..... That's here in Ontario Canada ... I'd shop around with a couple shops. My buddy lives 45 minutes away and it was worth the drive for him to get it done at the place I went .... He saved a few hundred compared to the quotes he received in his area.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I will shop around but only know of one place that does it for sure.
Thanks guys
Old 04-02-2016, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
I think that's a bit steep .... I paid less for my 4 door to get done and they did all the work removing seats etc .... My buddy did the work himself removing seats etc in his 4 door and paid a couple hundred less..... That's here in Ontario Canada ... I'd shop around with a couple shops. My buddy lives 45 minutes away and it was worth the drive for him to get it done at the place I went .... He saved a few hundred compared to the quotes he received in his area.
Also in ontario and considering getting this done. I have all my carpet removed already and would strip interior completely myself. Where was the location you went? I've had my rails and other piece coated in Newmarket but want to shop around.

Brent
Old 04-02-2016, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013Wrangler
Also in ontario and considering getting this done. I have all my carpet removed already and would strip interior completely myself. Where was the location you went? I've had my rails and other piece coated in Newmarket but want to shop around. Brent
Rob & I went to the place in Cambridge off of Eagle St. Hopefully his prices haven't gone up.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Joe_B
Rob & I went to the place in Cambridge off of Eagle St. Hopefully his prices haven't gone up.
Yes ask for Chad just say Rob and Joe a couple jeep owners recommends his shop for best price.
(519) 653-2800 Chad
Old 04-04-2016, 07:23 AM
JK Super Freak

I noticed people remove the Factory heat insulation ; if the coating being applied is waterproof , could the factory insulation be left in place to eliminate "hot spots" on the floors ? Thanks.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Four Low
I noticed people remove the Factory heat insulation ; if the coating being applied is waterproof , could the factory insulation be left in place to eliminate "hot spots" on the floors ? Thanks.
Yes I asked for mine to be left in .... 3 years now no problems in those areas
Old 04-04-2016, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes ask for Chad just say Rob and Joe a couple jeep owners recommends his shop for best price. (519) 653-2800 Chad
Awesome. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2016, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes I asked for mine to be left in .... 3 years now no problems in those areas
Where are the factory insulation locations? Just wanna get a look to see what u guys are talking about.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrappi
Where are the factory insulation locations? Just wanna get a look to see what u guys are talking about.
They might be referring to the insulation mat the sits below the OEM carpet, or the sticky stuff in the rear tub?

Quick Reply: LineX pros/cons