Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Line-X on the Side of the Jeep

Old 03-15-2013, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having magnetic rash guards made for my rig as I type this. I basically had big flat magnetic sheets die cut to match the rockers and doors so that when I go out on trails I can protect against pinstriping. For everyday use my rock rails keep most of the big debris off of the sides so it is fine.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dognights
I am having magnetic rash guards made for my rig as I type this. I basically had big flat magnetic sheets die cut to match the rockers and doors so that when I go out on trails I can protect against pinstriping. For everyday use my rock rails keep most of the big debris off of the sides so it is fine.
Dings and scratches are free tattoos for your jeep
Old 03-15-2013, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have an appointment the beginning of next month to have mine done, and chose to not do the doors
Old 03-15-2013, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Here's what I did to mine. Learned my lesson on my last jeep from the wife and kids.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2675795611.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	434327
Old 03-15-2013, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Old Guard
Does anybody else make skins? I'm not sure I like the EVO cut out on those.
+1 I like the price, but not into free advertising.

Would love a magnetic one. Drilling into my 24k jeep is scary lol

Last edited by amick218; 03-15-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

had mine done earlier this week. rockers , wheel wells, and rear pinch seem. waiting on my new adhesive to show up before reinstalling the flat fenders.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by amick218

T r a I l s k I n z .com has marine adhesive rocker guards.....if ya don't wana drill
Old 03-15-2013, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

I have the posion spyder skins. Not an enjoyable project when drilling....but they work well!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by amick218

If you are talking about the magnetic vinyl, that is a very short term solution. I cut my own vinyl out for the trails with heavy brush and tree limbs sticking out. You have to make sure everything is very clean before sticking them on or else it acts like sand paper on your paint. Plus in just a matter of hours a condensation builds up between the vinyl and metal. And if it rains then your really going to want to take them off. And the more crap that collects between the vinyl and metal the more likely they will fall off in the wind. I wouldn't even think about leaving them on for any length of time.

And fyi I have these on my Sport, I don't think they will work with a Rubi if you have one because of the interference with the rock rails. They may not go up high enough for what you want though.

Last edited by RoysRig; 03-15-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RoysRig

If you are talking about the magnetic vinyl, that is a very short term solution. I cut my own vinyl out for the trails with heavy brush and tree limbs sticking out. You have to make sure everything is very clean before sticking them on or else it acts like sand paper on your paint. Plus in just a matter of hours a condensation builds up between the vinyl and metal. And if it rains then your really going to want to take them off. And the more crap that collects between the vinyl and metal the more likely they will fall off in the wind. I wouldn't even think about leaving them on for any length of time.

And fyi I have these on my Sport, I don't think they will work with a Rubi if you have one because of the interference with the rock rails. They may not go up high enough for what you want though.
I saw a thread where they used .30mm magnetic sheet metal. Looked really good. It was somewhere in the free/cheap mods thread. Might even be another jeep forum I can't remember.

Quick Reply: Line-X on the Side of the Jeep