Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Line-X prep for 2-door

Old 08-12-2009, 02:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line-X prep for 2-door

I'm getting the JK ready for Line-X, and I notice two pre-cut/pre-stamped holes on the inner tub wall; behind each front seat and in front of the fender wells. I've only seen one 2-door where these holes were plugged/patched/filled before sraying over the holes to make a flat inner tub wall.
Any ideas to fill these holes, other than going to a body shop? Does anyone this it is OK to leave the holes and spray over them?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I say leave 'em, spray over them, and store your tow straps/firstaid kit/ recovery gear there. Its small but every little bit helps in the 2dr
Old 08-12-2009, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

If I leave the holes, shoud I be concerned about water getting between the tub walls? Others are; they closed holes.
I'm also thinking I could leave them for mounting a 2x4 to stop cargo from slamming into the front seats/driver compartment.

Quick Reply: Line-X prep for 2-door