Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Line x outside of jeep.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my jeep is linex'ed

hey bud,

I have had my exterior of the jeep lineX'ed for over a year now and freaking love it. It is sharp as hell and everyone just stares at it. I just had the interior done with both lizard skin for sound dampening (the carpet has your noise insulation attached to the back) and then black LineX on top of it. Looks real good. It was done while at COP 4x4 for a hemi swap and other goodies. You can see over a 100 photos of my build on COP4x4's Facebook page, look in the albums for White Rhino...that is my jeep. The best part is that you just have to power wash it and it looks like new, no spots, soap, wax, etc. Feel free to message me about it!
Old 07-08-2011, 06:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attachment 179454

Not sure about the whole thing, seems a little much, but we did some on my daughters truck. Its pretty wide in the front & tears up the paint when we run in the desert. Sorry not the best pic w/lighting, but we did the lower belt line of the truck & bed rails.

Last edited by highwayman; 07-08-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by abetterview
Ideas of the look
a few more
I found some more pics
The pics I found of the other 4 dr was grey. This is a black
I know this is not the point of this thread BUT, since these pics were used I figured I'd comment...

These pics are from MedPro Auto Group. They are a used car dealership in Dallas TX that has been buying stock Jeeps at auction and adding lifts / line-x / bumpers etc... DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!! They are crooked as hell and f**ked me royally on my deal.

I wont go into detail here cause i dont want to high jack this thread anymore than I have, but if you want more info on them PM me.

/Rant off

Sorry for the high jack

EDIT: pics didnt so up in my multi quote...
Old 08-12-2022, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Default LineX is Overpriced

I got tho thinking and wanted to know what others thought of getting line x all over my jeep with the gloss finish added so it dont fade. I want to know if it will look good or stupid.
It's not a bad idea to do Line-X on the entire outside of your Jeep but the problem is, on a two-door they want like $8,000. That's insane. You can get any custom paint job you want and be in that area. They know they have a good product and they take advantage of the consumers with their pricing. They tell me it takes 3 days to prep the Jeep. Let's say it's a thousand a day for prepping the Jeep. The other 5,000 is for the material and the labor to paint. Let's say that's a thousand for the material so they charge you another $4,000 to spray it. I was told by someone at Line-X that it only takes one hour to spray the entire Jeep after it's prepped. For me $4,000 to spray the outside for an hour is pretty insane. I don't even think surgeons make that much.

Quick Reply: Line x outside of jeep.