Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Line-X Jeep

Old 03-31-2008, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line-X Jeep

I haul a lot of electrical cable and camera gear in my Jeep. Tired of worrying about the interior, I think I found a solution. After tax season (bastards) I'm going to pull out the carpet in the back and coat the metal with Line-X or an equivalent. I'm going to apply it by hand with a roller. Has anybody tried this before with success? I think that combined with the Tuffy locking Cubby cover (http://www.quadratec.com/products/14142_001_07.htm) will work great together.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:54 PM
JK Junkie

Several people have lined their tub with Line-X and love it. As far as the tub goes, look into Woods deep tub. Combined witht he tuffy lid, it will give you a lot more secure storage.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ight=woods+tub
Old 04-01-2008, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's a writeup on herculiner with pics..it looks good but it's very tedious to do I would imagine.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...&highlight=tub
Old 04-01-2008, 05:27 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Padlock6
I haul a lot of electrical cable and camera gear in my Jeep. Tired of worrying about the interior, I think I found a solution. After tax season (bastards) I'm going to pull out the carpet in the back and coat the metal with Line-X or an equivalent. I'm going to apply it by hand with a roller. Has anybody tried this before with success? I think that combined with the Tuffy locking Cubby cover (http://www.quadratec.com/products/14142_001_07.htm) will work great together.

Also a lot of guys have not had luck using the roll on liner...the rattle cans should do nicely though.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:37 AM
JK Junkie

Have a professional bedliner sprayed on. The Herculiner and can stuf will not last very long.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kntr
Have a professional bedliner sprayed on. The Herculiner and can stuf will not last very long.

i second what kntr says...go ahead and spend a little more to have a professional do it.

i took out my whole interior myself, drove it to the shop and then helped them do all the taping and stuff to cut down on the time it would take. i had mine rhino lined, but line-x will do the same job...i just chose rhino because the guy was able to work with my crazy work schedule and it was a lot less than the line-x place was wanting to charge.

going on a year now and i have no regrets...i keep my drain plugs out all the time (even during the Fargo winter) and never have to worry about stains or moisture getting underneath the carpet. I don't even use slush mats or anything...boots straight on the rhino liner hasn't hurt it at all + after I clean it with a sponge and water, it looks just like new.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not think of the Tuffy lid as being secure enough to store expensive cameras in. If people see the cables, etc. it will be very easy to get into. You can stick your hand in the jack hole and yank it open very easy. I have one.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just got my interior Linexed yesterday.

Technically.. I got it 'Onyx'd', which is a competitor of LineX, but either way is applied hot, just as LineX, and has a UV protectant so it fades less.

It looks absolutely phenomenal. Highly recommend it. My buddy rolled his out by hand, and it looked really nice, but a year later, it has faded significantly, and worn away under his heel from driving it.

He thinks mine looks great.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:16 AM
JK Freak

That sounnds like a great project. Any downside to taking out the carpet? Road noise, etc. What would it cost approximately to take the JK and have them do everything (take out, spray, re-install)? Thanks.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:25 PM
JK Super Freak

If you pull out all the seats and carpet. Line X dealers will spray it for about 400 - 500 bucks. Well worth the money for lifetime warranty if you ask me. I'd love to do mine, but I have other things that are higher up on the list.

Quick Reply: Line-X Jeep