Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Limit Straps

Old 02-01-2014, 08:10 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

You can simply mount them to the shock mounting hardware. I would recommend welding some tabs for a shorter strap and that will allow you to do a custom placement to serve your needs.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big dr
I hope thats one hell of a nutsert! I used them for my fenders,, but not sure I would trust them to the forces endured by a limit strap. Hopefully the ones they use are a beefier design. If you don't weld, you can always order the tabs you need and pay a guy to make the 4 small welds it would take. Good luck
Yeah it is much beefier. I'm going to get the video posted. it was one I found posted by another member. It is a heavy duty nutsert that takes a 1/2" bolt.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by socal_hemihead
Do you happen to have link to that video?

Here is the link to the video. http://youtu.be/KyJzW38fyjo It is on youtube, it is actually Teraflex's instructional video for the install of Mopar's stage 3 lift. I found it on the forum here, another member had posted it.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
You can simply mount them to the shock mounting hardware. I would recommend welding some tabs for a shorter strap and that will allow you to do a custom placement to serve your needs.

Thanks Dirtman for the suggestions. I'm going to try this route first. I don't have welding knowledge or tools so this seems basically bolt on. if it doesn't work then I'll be forced to go the route you suggest. I have people I can have do the welding, just easier to do it myself if I can.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:02 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good thread. Bookmarked.

Quick Reply: Limit Straps