Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lights On Stock Bumper

Old 12-21-2007, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights On Stock Bumper

i was wanting to know if any of you all have put off road lights on your stock bumper please show pics or tell how you done it

Last edited by kcpanther; 12-21-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mounted a set of Hella 500s on my stock front bumper with no problem. A couple of points will save you some time however.

1. The stock Hella mounting bolts are too short. I replaced them with galvanized carriage bolts of the same diameter but about an inch longer.

2. once you pick a spot on the bumper to mount the lights, drill a hole through the plastic cover and the underlying metal, sized appropriately for the carriage bolts. Then enlarge the holes in the plastic to accomodate a spacer. I used a bronze sleeve that was about 5/8" in diameter and 3/4" tall. The carriage bolts pass through this spacer and when you tighten the nut(s) the spacer will prevent the plastic bumper cover from compressing.

Hope this makes sense. It made for a nice clean install and the lights stay pointed where I aimed them. Sorry I don't have any pics.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hella 500s here too.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ighlight=hella

Quick Reply: Lights On Stock Bumper