Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lights!

Old 04-15-2011, 03:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights!

I put a 2.5" RC lift on my jeep and now when I drive at night every one I pass flashes there lights at me as if I'm bright lighting them! Any one else have this problem? If so how can I fix it?
Old 04-15-2011, 03:07 AM
JK Super Freak

You need to adjust your headlight aim. Check the write up section for the procedure. Adjusting the aim will help, but you may want to leave the lights up a little for your own visibility.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, thanks! I wasn't to worried about it until I went to Shreveport and some dude at a stop light was about to gut out and try and whip my ass! Lol
Old 04-15-2011, 03:14 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

buy more lights so you can flash them back properly with sufficient candlepower.

Seriously though. Adjust them, but there are still a-holes in the world no matter what. I have about 4" of lift on my JK, my lights are adjusted down about as far as they will go and i still get bright lighted. They are WELL below the cutoff where they should be when aimed properly.

USUALLY it is the same old guy every morning. HIS lights are pointed at the damn moon and he flashes me? jerk. some old 4door buick that looks like it has 500lbs of weight in the trunk. He gets to inspect my hi/low beam circuitry and KC lights (all 6 of them) for proper functioning rather often.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 04-15-2011 at 03:20 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Haha, yeah that sounds like a great plan! Lol
Old 04-15-2011, 05:00 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeep JK Wrangler Headlight Adjustment

Quick Reply: Lights!