Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lighting Laws in Virginia

Old 07-21-2007, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can have as many offroad lights as you want--they must be covered with an opaque cover when on the road (and for inspection of course). Your fogs must go off when your high beams come on, and they have to be below the level of the headlights. No (uncovered) headlamp type lights (ie. driving lights) are authorized above the headlight level. Covered off road lights aren't considered "lights" as they are and should be covered at all times when on roadways. They're for off road use only. I think the same is true for aux backup lights--would have to be covered during normal use. (not positive about this as I haven't fully researched it yet.)

A set up like this is fine in VA (note the opaque Hella covers on the off road lights)
Old 03-09-2017, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Know any good light covers?

Have a lot of lights I need to cover and the covers have been discontinued. Have any creative ideas?
Old 03-09-2017, 04:27 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Justkirk
Have a lot of lights I need to cover and the covers have been discontinued. Have any creative ideas?

What kind/make are the lights you currently have? Bars? Rounds? Etc.

Last edited by DJ1; 03-09-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You can put cardboard over them then tape them. It's creative and it works. You could also find a 3d print shop to see what they could work up for you.

Quick Reply: Lighting Laws in Virginia