Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lightest Beadlocks in the market...

Old 08-10-2013, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightest Beadlocks in the market...

Hi everyone , I'm looking into getting some 17" Beadlocks for my JKU and was wondering what are the best options and lightest. Those will be mostly used in the dunes not much rock climbing. I saw the spyderlocks and the atx slabs I was told each weighed almost 40lbs if that is correct and will I need to reinforce any suspension parts for the install so not to get into unnecessary issues.

Saeed
Old 08-10-2013, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

If I remember correctly shipping weight on my atx slabs were around 34lbs a pieces
Old 08-10-2013, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just some FYI that you may want to check into in your area before buying beadlock wheels. I found that the tire stores here in the States don't want to install tires on beadlock wheels because to properly torque all the bolts takes too much time. I had to buy my tires and take them home and mount them on the beadlock wheels myself, then return to get them balanced at the store where I bought them. I went with the AEV Pintler Beadlocks but I don't know how much they weigh and the website doesn't specify. They are a little less expensive than Slabs usually by $75 or $80.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Shipping weight on my atx slabs was 30lbs a piece.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:56 AM
CT2
JK Enthusiast

Never a need for a tire store to install or dismount a beadlock..do it yourself.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:20 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UAE455
Hi everyone , I'm looking into getting some 17" Beadlocks for my JKU and was wondering what are the best options and lightest. Those will be mostly used in the dunes not much rock climbing. I saw the spyderlocks and the atx slabs I was told each weighed almost 40lbs if that is correct and will I need to reinforce any suspension parts for the install so not to get into unnecessary issues.

Saeed
I was looking for the lightest beadlocks when I was doing my purchasing as well. 17" Spyderlocks are listed at 45 pounds on their website so I imagine that ATX Slabs will be within 1-2 pounds of that.

Walkers ship at 43 pounds but I never weighed one to confirm (this is what I went with).

Method sent me some numbers that made it seem that they were the lightest but I dont think those numbers included rings and bolts so I never got a definitive weight.

If you want to spend the cash, look into forged variants. They will be almost 10 pounds lighter but cost about 3 times more than a traditional beadlock.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info, will look into it...

Saeed Alfahim

Quick Reply: Lightest Beadlocks in the market...