Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lightest Aftermarket Bumper?

Old 04-19-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightest Aftermarket Bumper?

I am looking at different stubbies based on appearance and weight, but what brand/model are typically the lightest and how much do they typically weigh over the stock bumper? I do not plan on getting a winch, BTW.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the lightest stubbies is the Aberle aluminum bumper. It also looks good.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...luminum-bumper

Stock bumper weights under 30 lbs, most stubbies weight at least twice that much and full size can weigh 110+ lbs.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I should have my Aberle front with hoop and rear with tire carrier next week, I'll post pics once I have them installed...
Old 04-19-2010, 09:17 PM
JK Freak

Looking for an actually bumper or anything for the front end? PureJeep BareBones, JeepSwag off the top of my head.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:51 AM
JK Newbie

may i suggest the fab four stubby bumper. It is 80lbs but it is the best looking bumper that does not have a recessed winch plate. If you dont plan on getting a winch I wouldnt get a recessed winch plate thats just my
Old 04-20-2010, 05:26 AM
pjk
JK Enthusiast

Default bumper and weight

Originally Posted by Ryan L
I am looking at different stubbies based on appearance and weight, but what brand/model are typically the lightest and how much do they typically weigh over the stock bumper? I do not plan on getting a winch, BTW.
i changed my front bumper with and expedition one basic dx with side wings (for the foglights). this bumper looks pretty sweet in my opinion. it is a light winch bumper that weighs 25lbs without the oem tow hooks. the side wings weigh an additional 13 lbs if you chose to add them. probably the lightest winch bumper out there (side wings not necessary). i don;t have a winch in mine yet. not sure i will get one? the bumper still looks good and gives me the option of adding one if i choose to in the future. i have lights mounted at the moment where the winch would go and it integrates nicely.

FYI, the front bumper with foglights, tow hooks and silver sahara insert weighs exactly 40 pounds. i had my scale out when i changed the bumpers.

i don;t have a pic at the moment but there are lots out there of this bumper. i kind of liked the look of the expedition basix dx more than the woods bumper or the expedition one (not dx).

cheers

Last edited by pjk; 04-20-2010 at 05:30 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:02 AM
JK Junkie

I am interested in this as well. I was looking at the olympic rock bumper without the hitch.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
I am interested in this as well. I was looking at the olympic rock bumper without the hitch.
I have the Olympic Rock bumper, I don't think they make it without the hitch. It's pretty light and good quality. I've found the hitch to be useful though, I have a license plate holder that goes on there and a shackle mount that I change out when I go off road.

Last edited by armycop; 04-20-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Poison Spyder RockBrawler BHF & ORE 1/4 Pounder. I'm not sure of the weights but i would imagine they are pretty light.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	prodpic-brawlerbfh-jk01..jpg
Views:	795
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	62076   Click image for larger version

Name:	EVO-BUMPER-FRONT_medium..jpg
Views:	875
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	62078  
Old 04-20-2010, 09:11 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by armycop
I have the Olympic Rock bumper, I don't think they make it without the hitch. It's pretty light and good quality. I've found the hitch to be useful though, I have a license plate holder that goes on there and a shackle mount that I change out when I go off road.
They do make it without the hitch mount. I had the hitch mount on my cherokee's rock bumper. Any word on the weight of the bumper?

I plan on adding D-Ring shackles to it if I ever get one. Also - I don't have factory fogs. I wonder what other lights I could get that could mount in there.

Quick Reply: Lightest Aftermarket Bumper?