Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Light weight stylish 15" wheels

Old 09-24-2013, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light weight stylish 15" wheels

I dont really want to change the gearing in my 2013 just yet as it is 2 days old so am looking for the lightest 35" wheel/tires setup. Since I will mainly only be going through some mud and on the beach, I will be getting the Dunlop Mud Rover, the lightest of 35" tires at 58lbs. The problem with these tires is they only come in 15". I would go 17s and run GY Duratracs but they dont come in 35". Duratracs are the lightest 17" tires. The car is my DD so the tires need to have good street manners too. Therefore, it looks like I will be going 15s unless someone can recommend a very light tires in 17 with decent street manners.

I want a light rim that is still stylish like the KMC XD Hoss wheels, but they do not come in 15". Any suggestions?

I have looked at a lot of the 15s posted before but am not a huge fan. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by 2013Sport; 09-24-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Light weight stylish 15" wheels