Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Light Weight Bumpers?

Old 01-26-2013, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
wouldn't care how light it was ! that has no style ( sorry if it offends you ) its missing a whole lot that's why its so lite
Yeah no shit!! I'm still debating on keeping it, it does not look as good as the websites pictures showed. looks like i will be switching to the body armor winch bumper soon.. It's gonna be free so I will take it.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default glad you wernt offended too , just had to be honest

weve all f@$ked up on items we bought and put it on and kinda say I think I ruined it lol if that's the case I hold on to the stock for a bit you can always take the new crap off and start over good luck some times we have to stuff it in the shed and eat the cost of learning to be more cautious I know ive screwed up before ill see how my new ps bumper looks if it don't fit ill sell it for sh$t

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-26-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
weve all f@$ked up on items we bought and put it on and kinda say I think I ruined it lol if that's the case I hold on to the stock for a bit you can always take the new crap off and start over good luck some times we have to stuff it in the shed and eat the cost of learning to be more cautious I know ive screwed up before
No worries that did not offend me I still have the stock bumper, that's why I kept it. Not sure if I will take it off right away, I bought it used for $100 so I could take it off and sell or for what I paid for it. Looks like like body armor is gonna be the way to go, since I have already have the body Armor rear tire carrier and would like both bumpers to match
Old 01-26-2013, 08:55 AM
R.C
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by R.C
Bumper looks great. Still no word on mine.I actually just emailed Northridge4x4(AGAIN),to see whats going on.Today makes 5 weeks,and still no response.Like i told them in my email,I'm on my 4TH jeep and had several other 4x4's that ive spent thousands of dollars on.I mainly order from 2 compainies and decided to give them a shot,because of things i've read from the forum.Have to say,worst customer service ever.
Just got a reply fro David @ Northridge4x4. Bumper is being ship MONDAY!!!!! One happy dude over here Now gonna get some info on wheels and shoes..
Old 01-26-2013, 08:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by icrashbikes
No PSC BFH? This thing weighs next to nothing, mostly because there's hardly anything there..
I like this, ani I'm a fan of psc bumpers too
Old 01-26-2013, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cpfiremn
I installed the Olympic 4x4 530 rock bumper. It's believe it's the lightest bumper they have. There is also a winch plate, D ring mounts and bull bar, that can be purchased to be added.More than Likely I'm will install a winch and d rings as funds become available. I'm like you and don't want to add the extra weight. I already added a body armor rear bumper and tire carrier that weights about 100 lbs
I got the front and rear Olympic for my JK. Nice quality, not heavy but still decently stout. Will take a winch and can be gotten with factory fog adapters and a front reciver which is way useful. The front looks great, the rear is nice but the gap to the tub is kinda big, still, it looks good. Way much better than the stupid looking Tuppa-bumpies that came with the JK and nobody any longer mistakes the Wrangler for an old Liberty, now it looks like a Wrangler .

I tell you one thing, I ordered through a well known online store that starts with a Q. They took the order and said nothing about a back order. I think it was three or four months and numerous phone calls to them and Olympic and O said they would ship Tuesday and Q said they would ship Thursday and this went on and on and on each week until I was a bit frustrated with both. But, I do like them and would still order from both companies and in the end they came through, just beware, good things sometimes must be waited for.

J.

Last edited by 3X4X4; 01-26-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default yeh id try adding a bar and some stuff on it maybe d rings

]No worries that did not offend me I still have the stock bumper, that's why I kept it. Not sure if I will take it off right away, I bought it used for $100 so I could take it off and sell or for what I paid for it. Looks like like body armor is gonna be the way to go, since I have already have the body Armor rear tire carrier and would like both bumpers to match[/QUOTE]

you can customize it im sure with a bull bar and crap before you go and sell it / it looked rather naked the way the photo shows it that's all add some recovery hooks a fairlead bracket with a strip light attached over that and youl be goodAttachment 414230[QUOTE=Cpfiremn;3399688] kinda like this if you don't put a winch on this is what I may do seein I haven't much use for a winch at this time why add the weight maybe I should have got this bumper, who knows just gotta play around till your happy with it I guess, I got the mid length with tube gussets ! vs one in photo

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-26-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 3X4X4
I got the front and rear Olympic for my JK. Nice quality, not heavy but still decently stout. Will take a winch and can be gotten with factory fog adapters and a front reciver which is way useful. The front looks great, the rear is nice but the gap to the tub is kinda big, still, it looks good. Way much better than the stupid looking Tuppa-bumpies that came with the JK and nobody any longer mistakes the Wrangler for an old Liberty, now it looks like a Wrangler . I tell you one thing, I ordered through a well known online store that starts with a Q. They took the order and said nothing about a back order. I think it was three or four months and numerous phone calls to them and Olympic and O said they would ship Tuesday and Q said they would ship Thursday and this went on and on and on each week until I was a bit frustrated with both. But, I do like them and would still order from both companies and in the end they came through, just beware, good things sometimes must be waited for. J.
This May be a stale thread but do you have an oem receiver hitch in the rear? If so, did you have difficulty installing the rear rock bumper? I have a 2012 JKU and I had to loosen the 5/8 and 1/2 inch bolts securing the bracket to the frame on both sides just so I could line the holes of the brackets up to the bumper holes. Kinda annoyed cause the instrux say the bracket bolts should sit perfectly in the oblong frame holes. Now they don't cause the hitch forced me to push the whole thing up. Now the bumper looks to be on an angle and I'm concerned that it's putting pressure on the hitch. I followed the instrux step by step and Olympic's description on their website says it will not interfere with the oem hitch.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Light Weight Bumpers?