Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Light replacement XRC M.O.D.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light replacement XRC M.O.D.

Hey all! I jut replaced my 2013 JKU front bumper with an XRC M.O.D. Bumper. It doesn't leave a place for the fog lights so right now the wires are just exposed. Is there a set of lights that use the OEM fog light harness and connectors?
Old 03-16-2014, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Bump to the top!!
Old 03-16-2014, 08:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nathan.corbett
Bump to the top!!
Not likely. But you can still use the stock switch and wires. Just cut the plugs off. That's what I did to run my rear trail lights.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

What if I have the female end and wire the light directly into them and then run a ground?
Old 03-16-2014, 03:15 PM
JK Junkie

Cut the plug off the wiring harness and just wire it both wires into your new lights and done works great on my light forces
Old 03-17-2014, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

I would but I don't want to ruin those plugs in case I want to put the factory fog lights back on. I think it would work If I splice both wires from the new off road lights into the female plug, and the plug THAT into the oem male fog light plug. Yes? Maybe?
Old 03-18-2014, 07:18 AM
JK Junkie

I did the same thing, I left enough on the plug so if i wanted in the future I could put in the stock plugs.... guess what, the stock fogs suck compared to anything else... It has been 4 years and those stupid plugs are still rattling arounf my glove box, I have lost the stock lights over the years and have since upgraded to 2 8" LED light bars on the bumper.
Save yourself the hassle, cut the plug but leave 2-3"s on it just incase for some reason you take off your sweet bumper and bright lights to put on the tupperware bumper and shitty in adiquate lights, and wire the new lights into the cut wiring.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Nathan.corbett
Hey all! I jut replaced my 2013 JKU front bumper with an XRC M.O.D. Bumper. It doesn't leave a place for the fog lights so right now the wires are just exposed. Is there a set of lights that use the OEM fog light harness and connectors?
Yes there is. Inspired Engineering makes a set of cubes (similar to rigid duallys) that use the factory connector and switch. I am running them in my fog cutouts because they also sell brackets to mount them there. There is a huge thread in the sponsor/vendor section of this forum about them. You can order them in a few different colors and with either a flood or spot configuration.

Feel free to search in my profile for latest responses and that thread should pop up, I posted some pictures there.

Hope this helps
Andrew
Old 03-30-2014, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks a lot this helps!

Quick Reply: Light replacement XRC M.O.D.