Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Light pod help

Old 02-27-2023, 01:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light pod help

Hello! I need a little help. I just installed my light bar and wired it directly to the negative and positive terminals on the battery. I am doing the pod lights now and was wondering if I can do the same with those and stack them on top of each other or do I have to run the power wire to one of the three other terminals off to the side
Old 02-28-2023, 04:48 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

At the very least, I'd be running each of those accessories to a relay, and then pulling power from the battery with an inline fuse for each. I would not be wiring those directly to the battery.
The following users liked this post:
XJRefugee (03-02-2023)
Old 02-28-2023, 06:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes you can stack them as far as the connection at the battery is concerned, but as resharp said above, hopefully you are using a harness with a relay and fuse, not just wiring directly to the battery with a switch.

I'll be doing this soon hopefully, I have some pods in place just waiting on a light bar, but both will have fuses and relays from the harnesses I'm using for the wiring.
The following users liked this post:
XJRefugee (03-02-2023)
Old 02-28-2023, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ditto to Resharp and Peach

Quick Reply: Light pod help