Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

light bar help

Old 02-25-2014, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default light bar help

Just ordered a 20in led light bar for the front of my 2013 jku. Need help with mounting it. I'm looking for a light bar that I can mount the led to that won't cost a lot or any other ideas/ways ya'll have mounted to them. I have looked at the rugged ridge and mopar light bars, I have even looked at the safety grab handles at lowes as an inexpensive idea for a light bar mount but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

How inexpensive are you trying to get?

I really like the strike force grill mount but it's probably more than your willing to spend.

A buddy of mine put some 1/8" steel in his vice and bent some brackets to bolt it on where the two plastic tabs push in to hold on the cowl behind the front bumper. It turned out looking pretty good and only took him about an hour.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

You don't have any pictures do you? That sounds like a good option.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I will see if he can send me a picture.

Quick Reply: light bar help