Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lifts and warrantys

Old 04-05-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by girom80
thats a good idea i jus wanna do a 2.5 inch lift nothing crazy
I did a rough country 2.5 and left my factory height procomp shocks under it like it was the last time I took it in. Painted the springs black so they don't stand out and haven't had any issues. Told them it was like that when I bought it used from the last dealership and was told the jeep is in warranty just the way it is.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

I recently ordered a 2011 Sahara and the dealership offered modification and add-on packages.

From what I gathered from the Sales Manager that anything having to do with the electrical or suspension of the Wrangler could possibly void the warranty. However, if the dealership itself took care of the suspension and wiring for fog lights, etc, then the warranty is still good.

Essentially, if any mods/add-ons are MOPAR, then the warranty is still in effect. This is what I was told....but I'm sure it varies among dealerships
Old 04-05-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am getting a new steering box under warranty, this Thursday, because it leaks. They had no comment about the lift and dents on the skid plates and that I do all my own maintenance. I did not buy my jeep from this dealer.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ask around to find out where the other modded JK's in your area go for service. If someone knows a mod friendly dealer, head over there. Im sure someone in your area will know of one.

Quick Reply: lifts and warrantys