Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lifts and warrantys

Old 04-05-2011, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lifts and warrantys

Wats the deal with lifts and warranties my friend put a 2.5 in teraflex bb and his dealer didnt care im jus not sure.wat mine will say. Is it the same warranty guy that goes to the dealerships since they are only 15 mins away from each other
Old 04-05-2011, 05:36 AM
JK Freak

I don't think they care that you put a lift on your Jeep, it's just they won't replace those parts.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by girom80
Wats the deal with lifts and warranties my friend put a 2.5 in teraflex bb and his dealer didnt care im jus not sure.wat mine will say. Is it the same warranty guy that goes to the dealerships since they are only 15 mins away from each other
Thers tons of posts like this on the forum look em up. But to answer your question it differs from dealer to dealer. I live in North GA, and frequent visitor to Troncalli Jeep and dodge. They don't seem to be a mod friendly dealership and have told me on multiple occasions thats modifying my jeep would void the warranty.. I came in the next following day with a 3" BDS suspension lift and 35x12.50's.. Trust me when I say there will be some litigation when it comes down needing warranty work for the lifetime warranty...
Old 04-05-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh yeah. I took mine to the dealer yesterday, for a starter that sounds like a blender full of ice. No problems. But I did have to drive across town. The service manager himself told me to make sure to always bring it to him, because the other dealerships, will red flag me.
He's heard of the other dealership turning people away as they drive up.
I was ready for a fight, because I knew my starter going out doesn't have anything to do with my lift, tires or any other mods.
But left with a smile and a new starter on order.

But this is so true, and have heard this from others.

Originally Posted by fatjeepguy
Thers tons of posts like this on the forum look em up. But to answer your question it differs from dealer to dealer.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

i rly wanna do a lift jus dnt wanna void my warranty tht i paid for
Old 04-05-2011, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 915RUBICON
Oh yeah. I took mine to the dealer yesterday, for a starter that sounds like a blender full of ice. No problems. But I did have to drive across town. The service manager himself told me to make sure to always bring it to him, because the other dealerships, will red flag me.
He's heard of the other dealership turning people away as they drive up.
I was ready for a fight, because I knew my starter going out doesn't have anything to do with my lift, tires or any other mods.
But left with a smile and a new starter on order.

But this is so true, and have heard this from others.
did you go to the dealer on the west side?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

I have an 07 that has a lift and other stuff. The warranty described in the book says that only parts that are replaced with non-mopar parts are not covered under this warranty. I am now out of warranty, but I never had a problem at any dealership concerning warranty work....
Old 04-05-2011, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cdyspeed

did you go to the dealer on the west side?
Yup, they are by far the best jeep dealership in El Paso, no problems, so far.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

thats a good idea i jus wanna do a 2.5 inch lift nothing crazy
Old 04-05-2011, 04:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 915RUBICON
Yup, they are by far the best jeep dealership in El Paso, no problems, so far.
thats where im going for all my service work and stuff the other one is crazy and i was there 2 hrs the other day for a oil change bc they didn't put the oil i asked for in it so they had to re do it me and my fiancee were irritated to say the least i went with 5w30 instead of 5w20

Quick Reply: lifts and warrantys