Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lifts and Suspension for JK Rubicon Unlimited? Suggestions?

Old 01-06-2011, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifts and Suspension for JK Rubicon Unlimited? Suggestions?

This is my first Jeep. It's a 2010 and I'm really stoked. I am looking to put 37" tires on it. As of now the vehicle is entirely stock Rubicon. Should I be fine as is or do I need to upgrade the suspension? If so, what suspension and lift will have it ALL so that I don't have to buy it from here and there to get it to where it will ride smoothly and will not wobble?

I heard Teraflex was great as was Sky Jacker. What are your thoughts?
I also heard about Rubicon Express but not sure if that is something that should be applied to a Rubicon. Any thoughts?

Lastly, I heard if I did a 4.5" lift I would need to change out the arms, steering stabilizer, tie rods, speed bumps?

Could anyone please share with me what I should get and if need be mix and match. Its more important to me that I have a good drive that doesn't sway or ride too rough when its On-Road.

Thank!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:17 AM
JK Freak

Give Dave a call at Northridge4x4 (360) 340-0282 and he will set you straight.

Last edited by RAINSTATEBEAR; 01-06-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

x2 on Northridge. I'd also do plenty of reading here first, especially the sticky threads. They really do have all of the info for the new Jeep owner.

Congrats and welcome to the club!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:56 AM
JK Junkie

The kind of lift depends on what you are going to do with it.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a OME HD lift with OME LT shocks and it rides better than stock.Love it Dave hooked it up at Northridge and I think he is running a special on a OME lift with track bar and bracket and shocks check it out
Old 01-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Former Member

Feel free to give me a call, I will be glad to help you get a lift kit that fits your needs. I sell pretty much every Suspension company out there and see what works and doesn't everyday. My direct line is 800-333-5535 ext. 938.

You ask an open question like that on here and you will get 100 different answers and different opinions.

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 01-06-2011, 03:16 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You ask an open question like that on here and you will get 100 different answers and different opinions.
Only 100? I bet he gets more than that...

Decide on a budget, and whether you want to go to flat flares. With stock flares, you will want a taller lift, which will be a lot more money as you will need all of the parts you mentioned, and you should plan on driveshafts also. If you choose to chop your flares or go to flats, you can run a shorter lift that will not need nearly as many additional components.

If you haven't found the FAQ's yet, you should open them and read through the Suspension section. There is some good info on lift height vs tire height, and which components you should consider at various lift heights.

Also start looking into re-gearing and axle upgrades for that front 44.

Quick Reply: Lifts and Suspension for JK Rubicon Unlimited? Suggestions?