Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lifts and Ride Quality

Old 04-05-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lifts and Ride Quality

WHat is the biggest reason some lifts have better onroad comfort and performance than others?

For those who want to lift their JK', what is the best 3-3.5 inch lift the retains or enhances on road drivability.

I was set on AEV until I saw that funny video that someone had posted on here and learned they use brackets and no control arms. Im willing to spend 1500 - 2000 on the lift.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:34 PM
cfr
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my personal take...

#1 Figure out what "good ride quality" means to you. It means different things to different people. For me, it's the crappy road I drive every day to work and the railroad tracks I drive across to get to lunch. Use these as your guide.

#2 Don't trust anyone's subjective review of ride quality ("better than stock!"). We're all wired differently and "good" to me may be "bad" to you. Drive JK's that have the lift you're considering and form your own opinions based on #1.

#3 Make sure your tires are the proper load rating. Too stiff == firm ride. If you're asking this question, you care. While my Duratracs are awesome (traction, wear, look, etc), they're load range D and I'm always wondering if they're just too stiff my definition of ride quality.

Good luck!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ill be driving 98% on well paved roads. Id hate to pick a lift that turns out rough on butt and back. I dont have a lot of exposure to lifted jeeps so outside of the forums ill be shooting in the dark.

WOuld you say that those who claim their lift rides better than stock are just kidding themselves?

PS - I dont know why but I seem inclined to go with an 8 control arm set up with flex. It would seem somewhat logical to me that 8 flexible control arms would translate somewhat into a better quality ride. True?
Old 04-05-2012, 09:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just spent five days in MTG's Jeep running the EVO Enforcer kit with King 2.5 piggyback shocks and the EVO draglink flip kit. We logged over 1500 freeway miles plus a bunch of off road miles on two separate Moab runs. I personally drove it at 90 mph on the freeway in high winds, through a blizzard (not at 90), across rough dirt roads at 40+ mph, and I flexed it out a bit. I can't say enough good things about how well his lift performed in every situation we tossed at it. I have driven a few other lifts, none of which were even in the same league as the Enforcer.

Ride is definitely subjective...but to me the Enforcer kit out performs my stock Rubi in every category including on road performance.

Quick Reply: Lifts and Ride Quality