Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lifts question. 2.5"

Old 04-01-2009, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lifts question. 2.5"

i tried looking, but alas, my searching skills are not what they should be. plus im on a "break" from work, and i dont have much time before the boss comes around for lunch.

2.5 budget boost vs. 2.5 coil lift with shock adapters (planning on running rubi shocks and maybe the springs. depends on the quality of the TF ones)

if i bought the budget boost which starts at $245, would i just regret not going with the 2.5 coil lift which costs $436? (going to run 34's) might just get 33's and swap them out to 35's when i go wheelin. if i can save enough for 2 sets of tires.

speaking on/off road wise, which is the better deal long run? im about 80% on road, 20% off. maybe once or twice a month cuz i just dont have too much time anymore to go wheeling as much as i'd like to.

is the coil lift with adapters worth the extra 200? opinions GREATLY appreciated. what do you guys think? has anyone upgraded in this sequence? if so, tell me about it!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

coil rides better and articulates better.... do it
Old 04-01-2009, 12:09 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by asuperhero
has anyone upgraded in this sequence? if so, tell me about it!
Yes...I have and would have gone straight to coils if they were available at the time I did the lift. Save yourself the extra work and do the coils up front.

And yes...this has been discussed plenty on the forum already ... Here are a few threads to read ...

TeraFlex 2.5"- BB vs. Coil
BB vs. Coils
Old 04-01-2009, 01:02 PM
JK Freak

Go straight to the coils...they work great!

Quick Reply: lifts question. 2.5"