Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lifts and Parking Garages

Old 07-20-2010, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ARinmyJK
Measure to the tip of the radio antenna or the highest point of the jeep if you have roof rack. Commit that to memory. Most structures have signage stating the clearance.

Before you enter read the sign. If you're more than that don't go it. If there is not sign slowly approach the structure while watching the radio antenna. If the antenna hits back out over that Miata that's behind you.
Be Careful, a lot of garages around here state one height, but then add on sprinkler systems or ventilation that hang lower but don't change the signage. So even if your under the stated limit, go slow and pay attention (or lose your light bar ).
Old 07-20-2010, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

In the parking garage in downtown indianapolis I scrape my soft-top header when it is in "sunrider mode". I think the garage is 6'8" and I have a 2.5" lift + 33" tires.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

This high.

Quick Reply: Lifts and Parking Garages