Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LIFTS...!!! I have to ask...

Old 08-09-2008, 01:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LIFTS...!!! I have to ask...

How many of you have installed their lifts and have had absolutely NO problems with them? I mean....

1. Ordering your lift and receiving it.

2. The install was straight forward, complete and w/ no problems what-so-ever.

3. After the install....nothing breaks, no flakey rides, clunks or squeeks or WTFs...!!!...???

I'm mainly referring to 2-2.5" body, as well as coil spring lifts. I want to know who was TOTALLY happy with their lifts....before, during, and after.

Also.....if any of you have lifted 3" and NOT done ANY other suspension mods because of the infamous "3 inch and above rule" so to speak, I'd like to hear from you. Are you happy with lifting that high and do you forsee any future potential problems without the extra mods...???.

Thanks Much...!!!
Old 08-09-2008, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

No issues with either lift the 1"Bl by M.O.R.E. and 2.5" Teraflex BB. Happy with both no clearance issues with my 35" tires. Haven't gone heavy off roading mostly to the sand dunes at the coast.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

just installed the rough country 2.5" BB last sunday and everything was super easy to install, and so far im very happy with it, but ive only had it for a week.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by XJ Kid 89
just installed the rough country 2.5" BB last sunday and everything was super easy to install, and so far im very happy with it, but ive only had it for a week.
I just ordered mine today!
Old 08-09-2008, 03:10 PM
JK Freak

I ordered my 4" ProComp suspension lift and wheels/tires on the phone from 4wheelparts. I had no issues with the order, with receiving the order and with installing it myself. I've had everything installed for about 6 months now and everything is still great. I crawl around about once a month to make sure everything is tight, lube some joints, etc. It might be a little overkill to do it once a month, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

If you do your research, you'll find that the process is really easy. You are more informed with what to expect and what to do in certain situations. Knowledge = Power!

Good luck.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my 2" Black Diamond BB for almost a year now with no problems, the only thing I added was a set of rear set of swaybar links to replace short front stock ones. I did replace the rear drive shaft but that was not lift related.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default lift

I've installed the 3" Teraflex with a 1" more b/l. The install was straight forward did everything in my garage with no special tools. I'm running m/t claws (35x12.5x17). Very pleased with the combo, rides great no problems at all, easy install, 5k miles on it with no regrets.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Me!!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Re

I have a 2.5" Teraflex BB and have not had a single problem.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

This is my fourth Wrangler, I have lifted all of them myself w/no problems. IMO the JK has been the easiest to lift.

Quick Reply: LIFTS...!!! I have to ask...