Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lifts

Old 12-13-2008, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile lifts

I am the owner of a 2007 jk rubicon unlimited and have a question on lifts. I have decided to go with 37 inch tires and 5:13 gears with the auto. I have narrowed it down to two kits 1) rubicon express 4.5 inch la with drive shafts and axles upgrade 2) off road evolution coil over front and back. Need to know if anybody have any feedback on these choices.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Well to run the EVO coilovers you will need a lift anyways! Sorry I am MOBI right now otherwise I would attach a link for the thread.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:49 PM
JK Freak

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/evo-coil-over-do-yourself-64197/
Old 12-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Thanks Tam68 for the assist!
Old 12-13-2008, 10:16 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by George Diaz
I am the owner of a 2007 jk rubicon unlimited and have a question on lifts. I have decided to go with 37 inch tires and 5:13 gears with the auto. I have narrowed it down to two kits 1) rubicon express 4.5 inch la with drive shafts and axles upgrade 2) off road evolution coil over front and back. Need to know if anybody have any feedback on these choices.
in order to install the off road evolution coil overs, you will need to get some basic suspension components in order to make it work. at bare minimum, you will need adjustable lower front control arms to help you set your caster as well as adjustable rear uppers so that you can set your pinion angle once you install new driveshafts. you will also want longer brake lines, a front adjustable track bar, track bar relocation bracket and dropped pitman arm. so you know, i am running the off road evolution setup with teraflex short arm components now and it really is a perfect setup if you are planning on running 37" tires. at this height and tire size, a long arm kit really isn't necessary and if you are looking for a great ride and amazingly huge flex, this is the only way you can get it.

Quick Reply: lifts