Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lifting a 2 wheel drive jk unlimited

Old 01-18-2010, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go wheel it. You don't know how much fun you're missing.

When I bought my '07 X back in 2006, I just wanted some 32" BFG AT's and a sweet ride to cruise around in with the top off and my dogs in the summer ... and a competent veh that could brave any snowstorm to go boarding in the winter. Untill.... some guy pulled me along with a local Jeep club. The rest is history. I love snowboarding more than anything, but now it does feel like I notice it cutting into my wheel'n time.

I'll comment on the 2wd...
If you do get into wheel'n, you can still have a competent rig. (it does still have 2 Lo right?) Just drop a locker in there and wheel away. If you go with some buddies, a $30 tow strap can get you out of just about anything.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BidSco7985
Are you going to re-gear eventually?
only if I get 37's. 35's might be a little slugish but it will be just like having 3.21 gears with 32's.

we will see. it is really low on the list.

next upgrade will be bumpers, bushwackers, and a winch in the front and back. I will put 35's on when my tires wear out.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shredX
Go wheel it. You don't know how much fun you're missing.

When I bought my '07 X back in 2006, I just wanted some 32" BFG AT's and a sweet ride to cruise around in with the top off and my dogs in the summer ... and a competent veh that could brave any snowstorm to go boarding in the winter. Untill.... some guy pulled me along with a local Jeep club. The rest is history. I love snowboarding more than anything, but now it does feel like I notice it cutting into my wheel'n time.

I'll comment on the 2wd...
If you do get into wheel'n, you can still have a competent rig. (it does still have 2 Lo right?) Just drop a locker in there and wheel away. If you go with some buddies, a $30 tow strap can get you out of just about anything.
no 2 low, that would be awesome though. unless you are talking about 1st gear lol. I have gone wheeling a few times. last time I got stuck with no one to pull me out. that sucked. next time going to make sure I have a buddy or a winch.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by superduperman86
no 2 low, that would be awesome though. unless you are talking about 1st gear lol. I have gone wheeling a few times. last time I got stuck with no one to pull me out. that sucked. next time going to make sure I have a buddy or a winch.
I am still able to wheel with 2WD i just have to make sure i have someone to pull me out in hose tough situations
Old 01-28-2010, 04:55 PM
JK Freak

Default 4x2

Originally Posted by BidSco7985
I am still able to wheel with 2WD i just have to make sure i have someone to pull me out in hose tough situations
just be proud its a jeep and your having lots of fun with it.. i dont think owning a 4x2 is considered posers.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For everyone that wants 2wd jeeps, you can pick these up pretty cheap

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	36211

Quick Reply: lifting a 2 wheel drive jk unlimited