Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lifted!!!! RC 2. Coil Kit

Old 12-30-2008, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered mine on tuesday before xmas and got tracking info Monday... it's in the state and scheduled to be delivered this friday.

Got a bunch of stuff on the way now....just need to get out of the backorder blues for a couple of things and I'm set!

OH boy, the wait is bad.... Looking at summer time for new shoes.... depending on the new job, what ever that might be...
Old 12-30-2008, 10:54 PM
JK Freak

Congrats on getting your jeeps in the air! Don't count on bigger tires making the ride much softer. The shocks are valved stiffer for off road use. If you want that cushy ride you should look into adjustable shocks.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:12 PM
JK Super Freak

RoughCountry had a nice setup whereby the order tied directly to the UPS tracking. Mine has been sitting at the local UPS depot since Tuesday night.

No deliveries today or tomorrow, so it sits...........

and sits...............

and sits..................

..............................until Friday.

I even called them and offered to pick it up, but they won't let me pick it up if they're not delivering on that day.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

My lift is going into my Sahara tomorrow. I am hoping that the ride isn't too much stiffer or my wife will make me put the old stuff back on. I did get the disco's so was going.

Thanks for the advice on WD40 on the shock bolts...will do that tonight so that they have some time to sit.

I am probably not going to do tires for now (as much as I want to) relying instead on the stock Dueller 32's.

Great looking Jeep.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
RoughCountry had a nice setup whereby the order tied directly to the UPS tracking. Mine has been sitting at the local UPS depot since Tuesday night.

No deliveries today or tomorrow, so it sits...........

and sits...............

and sits..................

..............................until Friday.

I even called them and offered to pick it up, but they won't let me pick it up if they're not delivering on that day.

I feel ur pain! Mine has been sitting in Nashville since the 30th. I was hoping to install Monday but delivery date is scheduled for the 6th. Damn UPS is slow. It will be 7 days from Tennessee to Jersey. I could drive there and back and pick it up myself in 2! I know they're busy but a week to do a 13 hour drive?
Old 01-01-2009, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mines being delivered to the California and it's set to take the same amount of time!
Old 01-01-2009, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

What made you guys decide on RC? besides the price, I am also thinking of going with them. Mainly because of the price and it comes with springs and shocks. and what is a discos mean? Thanks for your input
Old 01-01-2009, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

See the new thread on the RC lift with Questions which covers the install on my unlimited Sahara, including disco's (sway bar disconnects)
Old 01-01-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrunosJK
What made you guys decide on RC? besides the price, I am also thinking of going with them. Mainly because of the price and it comes with springs and shocks. and what is a discos mean? Thanks for your input
Well there is an obvious advantage to coils over spacers, and when this kit was on sale for $219, well its tough to even get a coil kit for that. Plus is has new shocks! I couldnt resist that price alone.

Discos are swaybar quick disconnects that replace the stock links. It makes disconnecting your swaybar links much faster, and also accounts for the increased height to the swaybar with the new suspension.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by qf4phlyer
I've the RC kit and their shocks for two months now. I really like it, my JK had the HD (Rubi) suspension from the factory. I think it rides better then stock on and off road. Good luck.
x2 I like these better than my old shocks (rubi)

Quick Reply: Lifted!!!! RC 2. Coil Kit