Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lifted!!!! RC 2. Coil Kit

Old 12-30-2008, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifted!!!! RC 2. Coil Kit

Thought I would share my experience with this kit.

First off, the kit went on without any problems. This has got to be the simplest way to get in the air with quality components.

I'll recover an ealier tip in that it is much easier to pull the lower sway arm bolts with the Jeep on the ground.

I would suggest spraying the top shock bolt w/WD 40 or something similar. This was one of my most time consuming issues. I think one was even cross threaded Since you can only fit a wrench up there - lets just say I burnt 20mins there.

On the new shocks use the old bolt and nut to squeeze the metal sleeve into the bushing.

The rear was more than easy. Would suggest using your jack to support the pumpkin until you remove the shocks, lower sway bolts, AND the brakeline bracket. Don't know if this was covered in the instructions or not.

The ride is definately more firm than stock. One of our other members stated that he removed his because it was too bouncy with the stock rims and tires. I would agree, it now rides like a truck and not as "cushy" as before, but I am going to stick it out. He also suggested that the weight of 35's might help the unsprung weight. Again, I would have to agree.

Overall, I can't tell you how much better the JK looks with just the added 2.5's, and I think I'm even happier with the fact that my hood no longer looks like it is taking a nose dive.

No onto the next "low budget mod" so I can save for new shoes.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:14 PM
db1
JK Enthusiast

I'll be doing this lift next week. Did you add new sway bar diconnects or new track bars?

Let's see some pictures!!
Old 12-30-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

We need some pics! I'll be doing this install Monday (assuming the kit comes), cant wait!!! Did you order yours during the holiday sale? I havent gotten word that mine has shipped yet.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

No, I did not order the Disco's, Track Bar's, or anything else - figured from what I've read I would go at it like this. I didn't even bother to do the fence mend mod on the back brakelines as there was more than enough slack for my current driving. However, there is enough room now with the lift that I can reach in over the tire and do it later which I'll probably do as a "just in case".

I did order it during the 24 hour sale a week ago and got an email with tracking info the next day!

Sorry, all I can post is crappie cell phone pics until I get my camera back.

The golf bag is there to hopefully provide a form of reference - I suck @ golf BTW!

The pic of the back shows I only got a few more inches to clear the garage door.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	12-30-08_1659.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	17105   Click image for larger version

Name:	12-30-08_1700.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	17106   Click image for larger version

Name:	12-30-08_1701.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	17107  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BIGG
No, I did not order the Disco's, Track Bar's, or anything else - figured from what I've read I would go at it like this. I didn't even bother to do the fence mend mod on the back brakelines as there was more than enough slack for my current driving. However, there is enough room now with the lift that I can reach in over the tire and do it later which I'll probably do as a "just in case".

I did order it during the 24 hour sale a week ago and got an email with tracking info the next day!

Sorry, all I can post is crappie cell phone pics until I get my camera back.

The golf bag is there to hopefully provide a form of reference - I suck @ golf BTW!

The pic of the back shows I only got a few more inches to clear the garage door.
Wow you got it fast! I just spoke with someone and said mine was shipped today. No tracking info yet but hopefully soon
Old 12-30-2008, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered my on the 24th and I got the tracking number monday. It should be in friday. I'm hoping a buddy of mine will come through on a location to install it otherwise I'll have to rely on the kindness of strangers. I'm not to excited to hear the ride is considerably stiffer. I really like the ride of my Sahara in stock but I guess for the price a little sacrifice is in order. Hopefully the ride will soften over time and the addition of some heavier tires helps. Glad to hear it went on so easier for ya. Good Job!
Old 12-30-2008, 03:47 PM
db1
JK Enthusiast

I'm in CT. Mine should be here on Monday.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Confirmation e-mail received quickly.

Nothing for tracking.

I sent an e-mail today, asking if mine got put on backorder or something.

I'll check the RC site to see if there is an order status page.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've the RC kit and their shocks for two months now. I really like it, my JK had the HD (Rubi) suspension from the factory. I think it rides better then stock on and off road. Good luck.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
Confirmation e-mail received quickly.

Nothing for tracking.

I sent an e-mail today, asking if mine got put on backorder or something.

I'll check the RC site to see if there is an order status page.
They have a live chat option on the main page of their site. I gave them my order number there and got a status from them.

Quick Reply: Lifted!!!! RC 2. Coil Kit