Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lifted JK Loose Drag Link Bar?

Old 11-21-2010, 01:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lifted JK Loose Drag Link Bar?

So I've been having some strange issues recently. My front end fees a lot looser than usual and I've been getting some weird tracking/wobble problems. It looks like my drag link/pitman arm bushing is spent, and my entire drag link bar seems loose and rotates when twisted... check the video and let me know what you think...

Need to tighten up my entire front end since things have gotten weird all of a sudden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYAZdhWiKak
Old 11-21-2010, 01:19 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your rubber bot is torn, but that movement is normal. If it has up and down or side to side not normal, but rotational is. Seems like you should have a little more rotational movement back though.

Last edited by mkjeep; 11-21-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:24 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Your rubber bot is torn, but that movement is normal. If it has up and down or side to side not normal, but rotational is.
what he said. looks totally normal to me. if anything, if you have movement where the pitman arm attaches to the sector shaft, that will be an issue that isn't uncommon and something you'll want to get fixed.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where can I pick up a new one? The boots on both sides of the drag link and done. Looks like I've got a few more random work out bushings that I need to get replaced too.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aermotor
Where can I pick up a new one? The boots on both sides of the drag link and done. Looks like I've got a few more random work out bushings that I need to get replaced too.
I got mine from the dealer.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had to change my tie rod end and pitman arm. I got mine from 4wd. Pull up and a down on your pitman arm and see if it moves. I don't get it. The splines on the old pitman arm I had looked fine, but there is gotta be something wrong with it. It caused alot of play in my steering.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:23 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

with the exception of rancho, all the dropped pitman arms out there are made by the same company and, there were quite a few of them that got out with bad/loose fitting splines. replacing it with one that has a tight fit will do the trick or, if you can find a big washer with an ID that larger than the step on the sector shaft, you can use it to get your loose pitman arm to go up a tad higher and give a better fit.

Quick Reply: Lifted JK Loose Drag Link Bar?