Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift/Wheels/Tires Help, I'm a noob.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift/Wheels/Tires Help, I'm a noob.

I'm a pretty big noob at this kinda stuff. What's the minimum lift I can get to go with 35s without having to worry about rubbing or anything. I was thinkin a 2.5" Teraflex, but I really have no idea. Could you guys post some links and stuff to lifts that will be all good with 35s.

Also, best all terrain tires? Not looking for super expensive stuff here. Just stuff that is good and won't break. I've got about $750 set aside for a lift kit, although I would like to spend less.

Best budget lift? Best budget A/T tires? and What measurements or whatever would the wheels have to be for the tires you post......

How much should I expect yo pay for installation of all this stuff?

Sorry if I sound stupid.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:47 PM
JK Freak

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ery-Newbie-Has
Old 04-24-2011, 09:49 PM
JK Super Freak

teraflex 2.5 with shock adapters + BFG all terrains + 1.5 spdertrax spacer = sick, relatively cheap JK
Old 04-24-2011, 10:03 PM
JK Super Freak

labour is normally about 100 per hour, if you look at the different lift kits on quadratech you will see that they have an estimated install time. Just multiply the two and you will have a pretty good idea of install cost. try to do it yourself, shops rape you for install.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jtjk
teraflex 2.5 with shock adapters + BFG all terrains + 1.5 spdertrax spacer = sick, relatively cheap JK
Is that what you have?

And which lift, on Quadratec there are a bunch of Teraflex 2.5 lifts.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Raysor
Is that what you have?

And which lift, on Quadratec there are a bunch of Teraflex 2.5 lifts.
sort of. i have the 2.5 coil lift but with 35 km2's. i dont know if you have your heart set on an all terrain but the kms ride very nicely for a mud tire. the only things to consider with the 2.5 tera is the need for front adjustable controle arms. you do not "need" them but the steering is a little more flighty then stock, it is bearable but noticeable. i am gonna add them as soon as i have the cash. the nice thing about this lift is it is pretty cheap and you can add to it over time, tailoring it to your needs as they progress, also means you dont need to fork over all your cash in one hit.
here are some pics of the 2.5 tera and 35 inch bfg km2's Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0039.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	153651Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (8).jpg
Views:	107
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	153649Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (7).jpg
Views:	103
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	153650

i was saying that for all lifts sold by quadratech on the products page there is an estimated install time, based on what lifts you like you can estimate how much the labour will be to install each of them. for the actual purchase of the lift i would contract Dave at northridge as he will give u a good deal with free shipping.

Last edited by jtjk; 04-24-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:37 PM
JK Newbie

So......would THIS or THIS be good?

Any I just figured an A/T would be good because it's my daily driver and I don't go off roadin a whole lot, jsut on the weekends and stuff. But if you know something I don't please let me know lol. I'm just tryin to learn all this.

Last edited by Raysor; 04-24-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Get the shocks. The TF 9550s have a much better ride than stock. I am very pleased with my 2.5" TF lift.

BFG KOs would be the best bet for the tires. Excellent life and great performance.

Last edited by raidue; 04-24-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:53 PM
JK Newbie

35x12.50R15, would this fit on the 2011 Sport stock wheels? With that lift?

What else would I need to make that all work?
Old 04-24-2011, 11:14 PM
JK Freak

Warnings
Wheel adapters are designed primarily for decorative retrofitting of aftermarket wheels. They are not designed for heavy hauling or hard cornering, and low-quality wheel adapters may fail under these conditions. "Uni-lug" wheel adapters should be avoided. These adapters are meant to fit a variety of cars and adapt them to a common pattern. Uni-lug wheel adapters have slots rather than holes and may become misaligned by road debris, potholes, or other road hazards. If this misalignment occurs at highway speeds, the wheel adapter may fail and cause an accident.

.ehow.com/how-does_4674537_wheel-adapters-safe.html#ixzz1KW6K7GRy[/url]

Quick Reply: Lift/Wheels/Tires Help, I'm a noob.