Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Upgrade.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I do have factory drive shafts.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by P Nasty
Yeah I do have factory drive shafts.
Then Zack, I'd be very careful. I've seen people on here already talking about having problems with driveshafts in the lift range where you already ARE, much less going into the 6" range, which if I read correctly, is where you want to be. If I were you, I'd leave it alone, unless you plan on driveshaft replacement.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:21 AM
JK Freak

Most 3" kits are springs, haven't seen a 3" spacer one. Teraflex makes 1" spacers, you will be surprised at the difference it makes. I use them, no problems and they are only about $40 a pair...
Old 03-25-2008, 04:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Then Zack, I'd be very careful. I've seen people on here already talking about having problems with driveshafts in the lift range where you already ARE, much less going into the 6" range, which if I read correctly, is where you want to be. If I were you, I'd leave it alone, unless you plan on driveshaft replacement.
well if i went 6' id plan on replacing alot of other things such as drive shafts to handle the lift. But im starting to think just getting a nice FT 4' lift would be nice. I was looking at one thats not that bad on price range and i think it would be a good reasonable lift that would allow me to do anything i wanna do with my jeep but not be to little or to much.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...eep-parts=true

thats the one im looking at. What do you think? If i were to get a kit like this would i still need to replace shafts and other things or would the kit have all i needed for my jeep to be fully set up with the 4'?
Old 03-25-2008, 04:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sgmrock
Most 3" kits are springs, haven't seen a 3" spacer one. Teraflex makes 1" spacers, you will be surprised at the difference it makes. I use them, no problems and they are only about $40 a pair...
I take it you have a simple 3 inch kit like mine? I dont get to offroad where i live much unless i go on trips so so far i havent really been able to test out my articulation with this current set up. Do you find that yours is sufficient with just a simple 3 inch? or do you think i should be trying to get a 4' kit that would have all the components i need to get alot more flex? this is my first jeep so im trying to get it all set up right and im just not sure if i should be content with what i have or if it isnt gonna be enough to allow my arms to drop down like they should be.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

Ok so yeah i checked it out today, and turns out it is a fabtech spacer kit. I had no idea, i dont know why i remember replacing the springs... i dont know what i was thinking. Anyway i have decided i think i wanna go with the FT 4' kit. What the word on it anyone have anything to share about the FT kits?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...eep-parts=true

Thats the link to the kit im looking at.

Quick Reply: Lift Upgrade.