Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Upgrade.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Upgrade.

Well im currently using a Fabtech 3' suspension lift, but im really really wanting something bigger. i thought about maybe a 1 inch body lift to add, but i just dont like the way it makes the jeep look. I would love a 6' FT LA but i just dont have 3k to drop in another lift right now. So i was wanting to spend somewhere between 1k-1.5k or so just for a little larger better quality lift. Is there any out there that anyone knows of that would give me 4.5 inches or so for that amount of money or am i just crazy talking? Any input would be great! I would really love a full traction lift so i thought maybe a 4 inch FT lift would do the trick, but would that be a waste of money when i already have a 3 inch lift to drop another 1k plus just to add one inch? Im sure there would be better ways to spend my money is what your thinking. If so how would you do it? Let me no!

-Zack
Old 03-24-2008, 04:21 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by P Nasty
Well im currently using a Fabtech 3' suspension lift, but im really really wanting something bigger. i thought about maybe a 1 inch body lift to add, but i just dont like the way it makes the jeep look. I would love a 6' FT LA but i just dont have 3k to drop in another lift right now. So i was wanting to spend somewhere between 1k-1.5k or so just for a little larger better quality lift. Is there any out there that anyone knows of that would give me 4.5 inches or so for that amount of money or am i just crazy talking? Any input would be great! I would really love a full traction lift so i thought maybe a 4 inch FT lift would do the trick, but would that be a waste of money when i already have a 3 inch lift to drop another 1k plus just to add one inch? Im sure there would be better ways to spend my money is what your thinking. If so how would you do it? Let me no!

-Zack
Get some 2" lift coil springs for your Factech spacer lift. $200-$300 dollars.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:28 PM
JK Super Freak

A couple different thoughts, you probably already thought of these but I'll throw it out there anyways.

1. Sell your entire existing Fabtech lift to another forum member at a fair price for both buyer and seller. Put whatever money you get out of the Fabtech lift into the lift of your choice.

2. Like BLKRUBI said, get some 2" lift springs to go along with your existing Fabtech coil spacer lift, but keep in mind this will probably require some additional components (If you don't already have these) to keep your Jeep happy. For example a drop pitman arm, longer shocks, longer brake lines.....I am sure there is something I am missing....

Those are probably the best/easiest way to accomplish your goal. I highly recommend you do what is going to make you happy though, otherwise you will constantly wish you had.

Let us know what you decide.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

will a 2' coil spring give me anymore lift? I Already got new springs with the 3' kit so how would a 2' spring give me anymore lift? Excuse my ignorance, i dont mean to sound dumb. i just dont know much about the actual lift itself.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by P Nasty
will a 2' coil spring give me anymore lift? I Already got new springs with the 3' kit so how would a 2' spring give me anymore lift? Excuse my ignorance, i dont mean to sound dumb. i just dont know much about the actual lift itself.
When I researched lifts (still am actually for a second JK) I looked at the Fabtech lift and to my knowledge this lift was coil spring spacers, not actual springs, so I was under the impression that you are using your stock JK springs still. If you upgraded springs on top of the Fabtech spacers then your Jeep should be fairly tall as it is now....

Do you have coil spacers and stock springs or do you have new springs also?
Old 03-24-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Get some 2" lift coil springs for your Factech spacer lift. $200-$300 dollars.

Or just buy some 4" springs instead of 2" and get rid of the pucks. They probably cost the same.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
Or just buy some 4" springs instead of 2" and get rid of the pucks. They probably cost the same.
i think he already has 3" springs not pucks.. so what he could do is buy some of the pucks to add on top of his already 3" springs
Old 03-24-2008, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by davebloomer
i think he already has 3" springs not pucks.. so what he could do is buy some of the pucks to add on top of his already 3" springs
Yeah im pretty sure i got new springs. it was over a year ago just about so i cant quite remember weather or not i got new springs with it. Ill look tomarow morning but since its dark i cant really go check right now lol. But im pretty sure they were new 3' springs to go with the kit. i may be wrong though ill check
Old 03-24-2008, 07:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by davebloomer

Doh!

I confused him w/ somebody else! These posts are running together in my head!
Old 03-24-2008, 07:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No one has asked that I saw. Do you still have factory drive shafts?

Quick Reply: Lift Upgrade.