Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lift trouble

Old 11-09-2009, 04:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You already have 35's on your Jeep. Why do you want a 4 inch lift?

Whatever you do for 4 inches of lift in that price range will result in poor handling on-road. Unless you're getting a 2 inch body lift and a 2 inch BB.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LaxAHolic
very humourous great job there, kiddo? my brothers 17...im 18...he paid for his tj...i paid for my jk, i figure we're doin alright. i mean, how are you doin? my folks are teachin us how to do things right...so thats why i asked and gave a budget...but hey, what would they know...they only make around 2 mil a year....what would they know...hows ur job?

i actually bought a steering stabilizer with my last lift...said it should help some.

Clearly they taught you nothing of manners or humility or for that matter simple respect. I find it especially funny since YOU are the one asking for advice. Attempting rather poorly I might add to put down the people who are trying to help you is a great way to get what you want. Thats also saying nothing about you showing your age, etc. etc.

So far everyone has been accurate in their responses, whether they had their glasses on at the time or not. At 4" you'll need new driveshafts, a full set of arms and adjustable track bars. A full quality set of CA's is going to cost you AROUND a grand by itself.... thats not saying anything of the 500 or so for new adj. track bars, driveshafts at around 800-1000 for front and back. Now if without my glasses I can add correctly, I do believe thats around $2000-2500 not even including the lift kit. The problem of lifting passed the 3" mark without also including all these components is you will lose drivability and reliability. Im not one for wanting to break down on the trail.

What kind of 2.5" TF kit did you install. Spacer/ coil/ or coil and new shocks?
With 2.5" and 35's your already running 4-5" of lift over stock. In all honesty without trying to be mean everyone is trying to help you PREVENT the DW situation that your little brother is experiencing. Show a little respect next time you post.

Oh and a steering stabilizer is only going to mask DW it will in NO WAY fix it.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Expecting a steering stabilizer to solve death wobble is like using duct tape for automotive body repair. It may mask the problem for a while, but it isn't going to solve anything.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

i agree u gota have thick skin, but still...its simple. and i dont ask them for money because ill take care of it better if i pay for it myself...it want it to be mine and not owe them a penny..
Old 11-09-2009, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

so would it be better to do maybe a 3inch lift instead of the 4, maybe even drop to 33inch tires for the extra room for flex?
Old 11-09-2009, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

must be everyone be an asshole day, glad i joined in eh?
Old 11-09-2009, 06:43 PM
JK Jedi Master

Damn , suck up that ego, if they make two mil a year, kiss ass abit and get an EVO system, hemi and d-60's. Ya only live once bud, oh they're your parents, you'll always owe them no matter what, at least that's the way a parent looks at it. As long as you work for it in some way and not ignore them, all will be good. It's not really an amount of money thing with parents, it's an appreciation thing. Kinda following what I'm sayin? Hell, I'm 41 and my Dad just bought me 37's, but you better damn well believe that I've earned it. He's disabled, a millionaire, and I have to work 10 times harder for anything from him, unlike the other 3 kids, they just get crap handed to them. Uh, anyway, a 3in TF would probably suit your needs and budget, it gives about 4in of lift.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

3" of lift is plenty for 35's. If a little rubbing bothers you, chop the fenders a bit. either way, that puts you around 1K for a decent kit w/o DW if properly installed.

Careful with the attitude around here, if somebody posts something that you think slams you, take a step back and i'm sure you'll find it was most likely done in jest.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

[SARCASM]Yeah, cuz you can't be happy with something unless the Gods on here have blessed the product and deem it to be perfectly up to their exacting standards. Anything else will ride like crap and you will be miserable! You will hate yourself for doing it! Fire, brimstone, death, destruction at every turn! Oh! I almost forgot to throw in the word that no lift question answer can be made without having, to insure that they've scared you enough........INCOMPLETE!!!!!!! Ooooooohhhhh the horror!!!!![/SARCASM]
Old 11-09-2009, 08:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by JKBully
[SARCASM]Yeah, cuz you can't be happy with something unless the Gods on here have blessed the product and deem it to be perfectly up to their exacting standards. Anything else will ride like crap and you will be miserable! You will hate yourself for doing it! Fire, brimstone, death, destruction at every turn! Oh! I almost forgot to throw in the word that no lift question answer can be made without having, to insure that they've scared you enough........INCOMPLETE!!!!!!! Ooooooohhhhh the horror!!!!![/SARCASM]
Eh, I get tired of blessin stuff , even gods need a day off. But I will say one thing...Cambolts are Sacrilege!!!! Damnation come to those who yield to their cheap, yet wicked temptation!!! Aww, what the hell do I know? Have a

Quick Reply: lift trouble