Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift and Tires?

Old 11-06-2011, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift and Tires?

Hey guys, I've got a question that I'm sure has been asked a hundred times in many ways. However I couldn't really find what I was looking for on the threads.
I have an 08 jk that is completely stock. She won't be seeing much off roading. It is my daily driver and I'm a college student on a budget. What I want is to put a slight lift on it, with some aggressive looking tires, with out sacrificing too much mpg and keeping the stock rims. It's gonna be a grocery getter and a highway queen, for the most part. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, there are so many options out there and I'm on a budget.
Thanks,
Nick
Old 11-06-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could do a Teraflex BB or leveling kit and get some Rubi take-off tires usually found cheap in the For Sale section. Add some spidertrax wheel spacers for abit wider stance.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Yah, I've really been playing around with the idea of some rubi tires. I just need to find some nice ones in my area (harder than it should be). Do you think that would look good with a lift?

Is this the set you were talking about? http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-wrangler-...-w-shocks.html
Old 11-06-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by JK_Lover
Yah, I've really been playing around with the idea of some rubi tires. I just need to find some nice ones in my area (harder than it should be). Do you think that would look good with a lift?

Is this the set you were talking about? http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-wrangler-...-w-shocks.html
This one is cheaper and you can use your current shocks

http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-wrangler-...get-boost.html

If you check the show and tell section, you should be able to find pics of BB's and such with rubi tires. But hey, you can always look for some used 33's, 35's, alotta times you can get good deals cause of people upgrading to 37's.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

I got a Daystar bb mainly because it was cheaper than the teraflex bb. I think the teraflex with new shocks will run you like 350 but I found my daystar lift on sale for about 250. Here are some pics with my 33" BFG A/T
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wrangler2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	233488   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wrangler13.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	233490   Click image for larger version

Name:	wrangler1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	233491  
Old 11-06-2011, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
This one is cheaper and you can use your current shocks

http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-wrangler-...get-boost.html

If you check the show and tell section, you should be able to find pics of BB's and such with rubi tires. But hey, you can always look for some used 33's, 35's, alotta times you can get good deals cause of people upgrading to 37's.
I'd love to use my own shocks, the price is right too. Would you get the one with or without the adapters?
Old 11-06-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hexavalent
I got a Daystar bb mainly because it was cheaper than the teraflex bb. I think the teraflex with new shocks will run you like 350 but I found my daystar lift on sale for about 250. Here are some pics with my 33" BFG A/T
That is sweet man, that's pretty much what I'm looking for. Stupid question, but wats ur gas mileage like?
Old 11-06-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Jedi Master

I'd love to use my own shocks, the price is right too. Would you get the one with or without the adapters?
If there's nothing wrong with your shocks, just get the adapters, you'll need them for your shocks. This is a great kit to run if your on a budget. It gives you some lift and gets you outta the stock relm and you can start saving for a better lift to upgrade to down the road and you could then turn around and sell the BB to recoup abit of $$.

Edit: BTW, check for sale section for people selling BB's.

Last edited by mkjeep; 11-06-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

That is sweet man, that's pretty much what I'm looking for. Stupid question, but wats ur gas mileage like?
My jeep doesnt have a fuel economy calculator but I get about the same mileage out of a tank of gas as my 02 GC. My GC had a 20.5gal tank and got 13.5mpg and I think the 2dr wrangler has a 18.6gal tank so rough estimate I get about 14.9mpg. I do a lot a city driving also.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
If there's nothing wrong with your shocks, just get the adapters, you'll need them for your shocks. This is a great kit to run if your on a budget. It gives you some lift and gets you outta the stock relm and you can start saving for a better lift to upgrade to down the road and you could then turn around and sell the BB to recoup abit of $$.

Edit: BTW, check for sale section for people selling BB's.
Thank you for your help, I really appreciate the info.
Any Ideas on some gas friendly AT or MT tires that won't break the bank and will wear well?

Quick Reply: Lift and Tires?