Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift and tire size?

Old 02-09-2010, 11:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift and tire size?

With my tax money coming back I decided to get the RC 2.5 coil lift. I currently have mastercraft ct's 265/75/16's on stock x wheels. Is there any big need to upgrade the tire size? Pics of any 4 doors running this tire size and lift would be great. Also is there a need for anything else with this lift or does it work good out of the box?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:10 AM
JK Newbie

this is 2.5 bb lift with stock tires i forget what size they were
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lift stock tires.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	36963  
Old 02-10-2010, 10:48 PM
JK Newbie

anyone else out there got an opinion or pics?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

With a 2.5" lift I'd put 33's on. It'll help fill out the wheel wells a little and keep clearance for offroading. Get a chip though for when the computer ESP starts too go off on you!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NewfieScreech
With a 2.5" lift I'd put 33's on. It'll help fill out the wheel wells a little and keep clearance for offroading. Get a chip though for when the computer ESP starts too go off on you!
Or just recenter the steering wheel for free to get the ESP to leave you alone.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:24 PM
JK Super Freak

No need to do anything. I run factory Rubi. wheels/tires with a 4" lift and everyghing runs/looks/rides fine.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I installed that lift a few months ago - and so far I like it. I would get longer sway bar links, the front ones are pretty short, I moved my rear links to the front and got longer ones for the rear. You don't have to, but it was suggested, along with a rear track bar relocation bracket, which I haven't installed yet; my axles seem to be centered fine. I would also get rear brake line relocation brackets, at full flex your brake lines are pretty tight. I've heard RC will throw them in for a dollar when you put in your order. I used fence mending plates? I think that's what they're called, and they worked just fine.

Quick Reply: Lift and tire size?