Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift suggestions and possible pictures

Old 09-05-2011, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift suggestions and possible pictures

Currently I have a 2010 Jeep 2 dr. I am running the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift. I am going to go to a Long arm kit and want any suggestions or expierence with the two lifts I am debating on. I am looking at the Teraflex Elite LCA 6" Lift and the Rock Krawler 5.5 Triple threat long arm lift. Which ones would you suggest and why? With either of these lifts would I have to do drive shafts right away or could I hold off for a month or two after install? What other things should I consider? Any comments, suggestions and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Also I may have a complete 2.5 coil lift with shocks for sale real soon.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone? Ideas?
Old 09-05-2011, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

No ideas from me. Just running a 2.5" Teraflex coil myself. I'll let the "big" lift guys answer these questions!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Feasterdef
Currently I have a 2010 Jeep 2 dr. I am running the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift. I am going to go to a Long arm kit and want any suggestions or expierence with the two lifts I am debating on. I am looking at the Teraflex Elite LCA 6" Lift and the Rock Krawler 5.5 Triple threat long arm lift. Which ones would you suggest and why? With either of these lifts would I have to do drive shafts right away or could I hold off for a month or two after install? What other things should I consider? Any comments, suggestions and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Also I may have a complete 2.5 coil lift with shocks for sale real soon.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...272#post211272
Old 09-05-2011, 09:22 PM
JK Freak

why do you want that much lift?

you will need driveshafts when you do that much lift, no waiting.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I plan on and want to run 40s with keeping center of gravity low but with lots of travel. I plan on doing 60s front and rear shortly after the lift and do driveshafts then but was hoping to wait for a few months to do those steps.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey there, Talk to Rde2Rock (John) or Capone (Tony) from the Phoenix JK's and they will tell you about Trailmasters New Long Arm. It is awesome and includes everything including drive shafts!
Old 09-06-2011, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just talked to trailmaster. The kit that includes drive shafts isn't the long arm. Only mid arm. Does look nice. Their long arm one has fox shocks nut still need driveshafts.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

talk to heattreater on here, he has the RK 5.5 and I think he is getting ready to throw on 42's. He was running a RK 3.5 with 40's, freaking sick.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Feasterdef
I plan on and want to run 40s with keeping center of gravity low but with lots of travel. I plan on doing 60s front and rear shortly after the lift and do driveshafts then but was hoping to wait for a few months to do those steps.
that'll look nice - talk to TerraFlex for better answer - if you're going to move to d60's it would be ashame to spend the $$$ and not be able to resuse it...

Quick Reply: Lift suggestions and possible pictures