Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Suggestions for a 2 Door JK "Mall Crawler" on 35's ;)

Old 02-04-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FloBraJK
So you're gonna need the lowering kit, 20 inch rims and color matched bumpers?

LOL just messin! But I say go for a coil spacer kit. Can't go wrong with that.
As a matter of fact that is exactly what I need
Old 02-04-2011, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

In my research, I think I am going with the Teraflex BB and 35's when my (new) tires are worn out... I am not a hardcore offroader. I just like to go camping where no one else can go
Old 02-04-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Closer
Hey guys, can I score some suggestions?

I won't be offroading for a long while... and when I do I'll change everything up at that time.. but for now what I'm looking for is an appropriate lift for daily driving (~20 miles/day pavement) to accommodate the following:

Jeep: JK 2 Door Hardtop
Tires: Nitto Mud Grapplers
Size: 35x12.5x20
Backspacing: 4.5"

I'll just be driving on pavement.. not rough.. on the freeway for short 5 mile trips, but thats about it. I know the Nitto's aren't necessary but I love the way they look!

What are some recommendations, including any stabilizers etc., for a good price?

Also, I have a 4wheelparts near by and they offer 25% off their install if you buy online, so if the prices are relatively good there I wouldn't mind going for that, since I will need to have it installed somewhere.
I got the rough country 4 inch shipped to Canada for under 500 bucks. Very complete kit seems to be great quality and it looks awesome. No extreme mods required and if you did decide to do some offroading you would have plenty of clearance! Rides slightly more ruff than stock but nothing unbearable.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you think your going to wheel your rig, then don't throw money away on a BB, just save for a little extra time and order what you want from the start. I went with a 2.5 inch TF coil lift and shocks. Installed it myself in a few hours and couldn't be happier. Just go in stages. I installed my lift and drove for a few weeks on stock sahara wheels until I got my new wheels and tires
Old 02-04-2011, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jcs07jk
If you think your going to wheel your rig, then don't throw money away on a BB, just save for a little extra time and order what you want from the start. I went with a 2.5 inch TF coil lift and shocks. Installed it myself in a few hours and couldn't be happier. Just go in stages. I installed my lift and drove for a few weeks on stock sahara wheels until I got my new wheels and tires
x2 on that, if you know something about bolts and wrenches, then you can install a simple lift yourself. you just have to get a simple, but effective lift kit, like this one http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_2perf.html there are good things said about these rough country shocks and springs. and for the price its pretty good. most people perfer teraflex but go with what your mind desires. and im sure there are DIY wrightups to install this lift
Old 02-04-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mkd1993
x2 on that, if you know something about bolts and wrenches, then you can install a simple lift yourself. you just have to get a simple, but effective lift kit, like this one http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_2perf.html there are good things said about these rough country shocks and springs. and for the price its pretty good. most people perfer teraflex but go with what your mind desires. and im sure there are DIY wrightups to install this lift
Well I have no idea how to determine what I desire... Rough Country and TeraFlex are just names to me.

I got a quote for a TeraFlex 2" Budget Boost with Rubicon Express shocks for around $400. If the "Rubicon Express" brand shocks are good, that sounds like a good deal to me. I double checked to see if it was a 2.5" budget boost, as I haven't seen any 2" ones, but he said it was 2".. maybe he misread twice? He said the description indicated it would fit 33" - 35" tires on a JK.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:46 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Well I have no idea how to determine what I desire... Rough Country and TeraFlex are just names to me.

maybe he misread twice? He said the description indicated it would fit 33" - 35" tires on a JK.
Rather than listen to a salesman, do yourself a huge favor and spend more time with the research. Get a handle on what all of the different components do, at what heights they become more important, and why you might want/need any of them. Then you can start looking at specific lifts and make some informed decisions on why one may be better for you than another.

I would also suggest that you open the FAQ's at the top of this modified area. Lots of great info there to help you out. Be sure to read "what is caster? how much do I need?".
Old 02-04-2011, 08:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf

Rather than listen to a salesman, do yourself a huge favor and spend more time with the research. Get a handle on what all of the different components do, at what heights they become more important, and why you might want/need any of them. Then you can start looking at specific lifts and make some informed decisions on why one may be better for you than another.

I would also suggest that you open the FAQ's at the top of this modified area. Lots of great info there to help you out. Be sure to read "what is caster? how much do I need?".
I feel ya. Id love to research but I kind of jumped into this with a full time job & full time school so my plate is kind of.... full. :-/ I'm trying to gather everyones opinion so my moves are less risky.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I feel ya. Id love to research but I kind of jumped into this with a full time job & full time school so my plate is kind of.... full. :-/ I'm trying to gather everyones opinion so my moves are less risky.
Im not a salesman, just an 18 year old boy that researches jeep parts when he has nothing better to do I was i'n the same position as you, but i have been scanning this forum for about two weeks and i made a mods list, now about mid summer imma buy the jeep, and buy all the mods list at one time. From what i understand many people run teraflex suspension lifts but they are kindof pricey. I've also heard good things about roughcountry. I'm not a RC salesman just a firm believer in RC and their 2.5 inch lift like i put the link to earlier is the first thing on my mod list, although i haven't decided to get the kit with the 1.25 inch body lift. And if you talk to a RC vender on here, he will give you 10% and for a 330 dolar lift, you can get it for 300 dollars. I've also learned the higher you go the more you break stuff. Like if you get a 4inch suspension lift, you will need all8 control arms for sure and new axles one day or another. Hope this helps
Old 02-05-2011, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

3 to 2.5 inches

Quick Reply: Lift Suggestions for a 2 Door JK "Mall Crawler" on 35's ;)