Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Suggestions for a 2 Door JK "Mall Crawler" on 35's ;)

Old 02-04-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Suggestions for a 2 Door JK "Mall Crawler" on 35's ;)

Hey guys, can I score some suggestions?

I won't be offroading for a long while... and when I do I'll change everything up at that time.. but for now what I'm looking for is an appropriate lift for daily driving (~20 miles/day pavement) to accommodate the following:

Jeep: JK 2 Door Hardtop
Tires: Nitto Mud Grapplers
Size: 35x12.5x20
Backspacing: 4.5"

I'll just be driving on pavement.. not rough.. on the freeway for short 5 mile trips, but thats about it. I know the Nitto's aren't necessary but I love the way they look!

What are some recommendations, including any stabilizers etc., for a good price?

Also, I have a 4wheelparts near by and they offer 25% off their install if you buy online, so if the prices are relatively good there I wouldn't mind going for that, since I will need to have it installed somewhere.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For street driving I'd suggest only coil spacers if you are on a budget. They are all you'd need to run 35's on the road. You can even retain your factory shocks and replace them later. Though I don't run them, you can find spcers in the 2" to 2.5" range (Tera flex). The tires you want to run will give you a lot of road noise. Just something to consider. For a mall wheeler, the new general M/T's are pretty cheap and a good all around tire.

I just got a new wheeler friend of mine into a Procomp 3" coil lift when 4WD.com offered a rebate. His total cost was $300 including shocks. I installed it for him in just under 3 hours in my garage (I've done several lifts in my garage for friends). He can fit 35's with his lift.

it comes down to choice and how much you want to spend. You could try for a work party on this board and offer to buy all the food and drinks? That's what I work for!

Last edited by Robar; 02-04-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Blacklisted manufacturer
Old 02-04-2011, 02:41 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

If you have the budget, read through some some threads on the AEV lifts. Not a favorite of mine due to all of the brackets and the off-road deficiencies, but very positive reviews for the great on-road ride/handling.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

just get a teraflex 2.5" coil lift with shocks or extensions and be done with it!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would also suggest a 2.5" BB (coil spacers), Especially if you are going to change it later. A BB is cheap and will serve the purpose.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wrangler_Jay
just get a teraflex 2.5" coil lift with shocks or extensions and be done with it!
Can't argue with that suggestion!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone!

There are a few options for the BB TeraFlex 2.5" lift... but for the one that includes the shocks, 4wheelparts would come to $491 with tax, shipped to their store around the corner, and 25% off installation (whatever that comes out to be) I'll definitely need it installed since everything I touch breaks instantly

Should I go with the shocks, just the adapters, or neither?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Adapters are a cheaper alternative. It really depends on your budget.

Shocks can be expensive.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:04 PM
JK Super Freak

So you're gonna need the lowering kit, 20 inch rims and color matched bumpers?

LOL just messin! But I say go for a coil spacer kit. Can't go wrong with that.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Adapters add about $100 and shocks $250. I guess what Im wondering is if its worth it? Are the shocks of quality enough to keep when I decide to start off roading? Or should I go without the shocks and upgrade all of that when I need to get serious about suspension?

Quick Reply: Lift Suggestions for a 2 Door JK "Mall Crawler" on 35's ;)