Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Suggestions For a 2 Door

Old 09-26-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since she is buying....Teraflex 2.5 LCG pre-runner with King shocks.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CLuBMieST3R
whats wrong with the tereflex 2.5 coil lift? it will sit ur jeep around 3.25inches
I am in the same boat. I have the levleing kit and want to go higher. I have added a highrock 4x4 stubby bumper with recon 10.5 winch up front and new rock rails. I will be adding a rear bumper and bumper tire mount soon and am concerened about the weight dropping down the leveling kit with the stock springs. Currently I have noticed a slight drop with the extra weight up front and expect it to progress more as the springs settle. Is the 2.5 lift estimated with the additional weight of aftermarket bumpers? Or does it sit up 3.25 inches and that is just the way it is?
Old 09-27-2011, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Erichyeti
Who cares about the damn lift! You marry that girl immediately! Do any of you realize she offered to pay for the man's Jeep lift?!! This is huge. This is the evolution and changing of society's roles at it's finest! Yup. Marry her!
She's a great girl. I'm a lucky man.

The three lifts I'm looking at are the 2.5" Teraflex, Rock Krawler Stock Mod, and 2" OME package from Northridge with front and rear JKS track bars.

If I go with the Teraflex kit (1351002) I would add a set of Bilstein 5100 shocks and a Rock Krawler adjustable front track bar. I think that would make it a pretty complete setup.

If I go with the Rock Krawler Stock Mod, I would just add a set of Bilstein 5100's. I might have to address extending the brake lines and bump stops, but I'm really unsure with this lift.

As for the OME 2" lift. I think that's pretty ready to go, as is. I might have to check the brake line lengths at full flex though. Just to be on the safe side.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vin

Depending on what else you have on your Jeep. I really didn't gain that much over JKU Rubicon springs with my Mopar bumpers and Warn winch. Don't get me wrong, it sits nicely, but I think I should have gone with the 3 inch lift. I am running 35s so you may be goodto go with your 33s. Worse case senerio is you add the leveling kit also.
I have a 2 door with heavy front and rear bumpers and I got over 3" with teraflex 2.5 coil lift (4 door kit)
Old 09-27-2011, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Make your girlfriend, um, i mean new wife happy, get the Teraflex. I run a BDS system but my friends all run the Tera you listed and they love it.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:44 PM
JK Freak

Who cares about the damn lift! You marry that girl immediately! Do any of you realize she offered to pay for the man's Jeep lift?!! This is huge. This is the evolution and changing of society's roles at it's finest! Yup. Marry her!

She's baiting him... this is simply a ploy, ammo. Down the road, not this week or next, not even next month, she'll throw this in his face... and another country song will be penned. The dog, gone. The house, torched. The Jeep, the OP will be seeing the red glare as she drives away.

On-topic: I'm partial to the TeraFlex 2.5" coil lift.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I see the diamond ring getting bigger and bigger while his lift kit size gets smaller and smaller until it turns into minivan with 2.5 kids a a dog named coco!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:51 PM
JK Freak

Yeah, I see the diamond ring getting bigger and bigger while his lift kit size gets smaller and smaller until it turns into minivan with 2.5 kids a a dog named coco!
"Oh... I spent $750 on your lift kit, another $300 in associated shit, and $100 on pizza and beer for you and your buddies on 'install day.' I think you should now buy me a 7-carat rock to keep me from bitching at you for the next 12-24 months."

O.P. this $1,000 investment on her part is going to cost you tenfold and a life of misery. ABORT!!

On-Topic... still get the TeraFlex 2.5" coil.

Last edited by Joe Boxer; 09-27-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Okay, that was mean. Get the Teraflex. A great company and great service.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Funny stuff right there.

I doubt it's part of her "plan" since we've already been together for over six years and she already has a $3000+ engagement ring.

Do you think the 2.5 TF will be too much lift for my driveshafts? Keep in mind I have a 2 door with automatic transmission.

Quick Reply: Lift Suggestions For a 2 Door