Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Suggestions For a 2 Door

Old 09-26-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Suggestions For a 2 Door

This past spring I put some MB wheels and 33" Duratracs on my 2 door JK. With my budget nearly wiped out, I began looking for a super-economical ways to put a little more space between my fenders and tires. Also, since my ultimate goal was to go with a quality full-coil lift, I really didn't want to invest too much money in this temporary boost.

I started researching some of the cheaper boost options, such as some used JKU springs, the Daystar 1 3/4" leveling kit, and the 1.5" Teraflex Leveling Kit. Since the Teraflex Leveling Kit had such great reviews, that's what I ended up purchasing. Now that I've got it installed, I'm not really impressed with it. No, I wasn't expecting dramtic results, but I can't really tell it's even installed. The odd thing is, my girlfriend agrees with me. She thinks it was a waste of my time. I told her what I would like to install on it, and she told me to order it. She would pay for it!

If I decide to take her up on her offer, what lift would you recommend? I want more lift than the Teraflex Leveling Kit, but not so much that I have to be replacing driveshafts. I'm thinking about keeping my Jeep right in the 2.5"-3".

TIA
Old 09-26-2011, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

2.5 Rock Krawler Mod lift my favorite ...but i'm partial
Old 09-26-2011, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

whats wrong with the tereflex 2.5 coil lift? it will sit ur jeep around 3.25inches
Old 09-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Vin
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CLuBMieST3R
whats wrong with the tereflex 2.5 coil lift? it will sit ur jeep around 3.25inches
Depending on what else you have on your Jeep. I really didn't gain that much over JKU Rubicon springs with my Mopar bumpers and Warn winch. Don't get me wrong, it sits nicely, but I think I should have gone with the 3 inch lift. I am running 35s so you may be goodto go with your 33s. Worse case senerio is you add the leveling kit also.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

If you go with a lift that high kiss the front driveshaft goodbye in the first year. I just replaced mine about a month ago.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rusty's is advertising their 2" basic coil spring lift with shocks for $320 right now, that's what I plan on getting. I've used their coils before and they were great. On a 2 door it gives you a little more than 2".
Old 09-26-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel w/ Bilstein 5100's. I just installed mine today with a buddy and damn am I impressed!

Old 09-26-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 08JKRHD
If you go with a lift that high kiss the front driveshaft goodbye in the first year. I just replaced mine about a month ago.
No so true. It will go out sooner or later but I have a 3in lift on mine with 35 for over a year now with hard wheeling and it shows no sign of failing. Now that I said that ill prob need one next week damn!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

Who cares about the damn lift! You marry that girl immediately! Do any of you realize she offered to pay for the man's Jeep lift?!! This is huge. This is the evolution and changing of society's roles at it's finest! Yup. Marry her!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Erichyeti
Who cares about the damn lift! You marry that girl immediately! Do any of you realize she offered to pay for the man's Jeep lift?!! This is huge. This is the evolution and changing of society's roles at it's finest! Yup. Marry her!
+1.

Quick Reply: Lift Suggestions For a 2 Door