Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift suggestion

Old 07-30-2013, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift suggestion

I own a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. It has somewhat of a hybrid lift, but it is basically a 2.5" lift. The only difference is I removed the 'pucks' and put bigger springs in. Unfortunately the springs I have are just about completely compressed because of all the extra weight I have on it. I have a steel front and rear bumper, winch, full skid plates underneath and a Gobi cargo rack. So needless to say I have a lot of extra weight on it. I'm only running 33" tires on it and have no real desire to go any higher. Mostly because this setup has done everything I have asked of it. What lift would you suggest to get my springs to not be so compressed and get my original lift height back?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The AEV 2.5" kit comes with dual rate coils that are made to take the extra weight of bumpers/winch/rack/etc, and It will give you plenty of clearance for the 33's
Old 07-30-2013, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks. Does Northridge do a military or member discount?
Old 07-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Give us a call and we can discuss
Old 07-30-2013, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Would it still give me enough room to stuff a 35 under there? I wasn't looking to go bigger, but I found 35 KM2s that will fit my 15" rims.

Quick Reply: Lift suggestion