Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift spring question

Old 10-24-2016, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift spring question

My 4" lift is going on 8 years old. I'm quite happy with the ride quality but the sag over time with bumpers winches etc has taken its toll and eaten up all my uptravel.

Do I add spacers to correct?

Do I replace the springs and if so is there a 4" lift spring that will account for the extra weight?

08 rubicon unlimited 4" super lift with jk spec fox shock upgrade 35"s.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Replace the springs. Spacers just move the problem, you still have coils that are compressed.

Any of the multi-rate coils out these days works great. Metalcloak seems to be the most dialed in, but Rock Krawler is a good option as well.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:17 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You're running flat flares, or stock?

Metalcloak 3.5" coils gave closer to 5" of actual height on my relatively light jku. Way more than I expected. With the added weight you are running, they'd probably get you the 4" range you are looking for.

Oh, noticed that you're in Canada. You might give us a list of the brands you can get there without a huge upcharge.

Last edited by nthinuf; 10-24-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
You're running flat flares, or stock? Metalcloak 3.5" coils gave closer to 5" of actual height on my relatively light jku. Way more than I expected. With the added weight you are running, they'd probably get you the 4" range you are looking for. Oh, noticed that you're in Canada. You might give us a list of the brands you can get there without a huge upcharge.
Bushwhacker flats.

I have family close enough to Washington state on the border that it shouldn't matter.

Quick Reply: Lift spring question