Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which Lift Should I Buy?

Old 07-17-2009, 10:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Which Lift Should I Buy?

Rough Country 3.25" $380

Front: 2.5" lifted progressive rate coil springs and 0.75" coil spacers, and brake line brackets.

Rear: 2.5" lifted progressive rate coil springs, 0.75" coil spacers, track bar bracket, sway-bar links, and brake line brackets.

Shocks: (4) High Performance 2.2 series shocks

Full Traction 3" $600

Kit includes: Front and rear springs, front track bar bracket, rear track bar bracket, front & rear sway bar links, billet aluminum bump stop extensions, brake line extension brackets, and complete detailed instructions

TeraFlex 3" $725

Kit includes: Front and rear springs, front track bar bracket, rear track bar bracket, front & rear sway bar links, billet aluminum bump stop extensions, brake line extension brackets, and complete detailed instructions
Old 07-17-2009, 11:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go with the TF lift. That is the lift that i am going to buy when i have some extra money...

P.S. this should be a Poll.. IMHO
Old 07-17-2009, 11:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Just

i just received my TF 3" a few days ago. very complete lift. worth getting. i got mine with shocks and 4 control arms. very nice kit. i would recomend. TF will give you the best CS. oh yea the control arms are as thick as a coke can!
Old 07-18-2009, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Whats youre budget? what do you want to achieve? are you going wheeling or mall cruising?
There are many good choices out there, with lots of options, do some research on here (jk forum) you'll get ALOT of ideas what is best...
Teraflex, BDS, Rubicon, to name just a few.... all have good warranties, all are good quality, all have good customer service.
Buy a kit to fit you're need, and budget, and know that you can always upgrade when $$$ becomes available, with any of these companies.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the input guys. I guess I'm torn b/c the more expensive of the 3 don't come with shocks and its more money I'll be spending on top of they're already high price.
I'm not looking to be a full on rock crawler. I'm going to new mexico in october for a back packing trip but would like to be able to clear a few more obstacles. I've never had much problems stock, but I'd like to be a little more prepared for the unexpected.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:40 AM
JK Jedi

From the looks of it the TF 2.5" coil lift w/ shocks is pretty much the most popular. Must be a reason for it.....
Old 07-18-2009, 09:44 AM
JK Junkie

I would go Teraflex.. I have there stuff now and honestly wouldnt buy anything else
Old 07-18-2009, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default My .02 cents

I agree w/ all the other comments I would go w/ the Teraflex as well. I have ordered my lift from David @ Northridge which is essentially the OME HD however, I substituted the 2" OME HD springs for 3" Teraflex.

Just keep in mind that you get what you pay for. I want to make sure my system will provide the best ride and handling. It is my daily driver.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:48 AM
JK Super Freak

I have an OME, but I see the teraflex is pretty popular ! The OME heavy spings ride a little on the rough side

Quick Reply: Which Lift Should I Buy?