Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift with Rubicon Electronic Disconnects

Old 09-19-2014, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just out of courosity did you have the Mopar links? Might help me decide if I want to buy em or not
Old 09-19-2014, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, I had the quick disco links RK supplies with their max travel kit.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. I'll try the Mopar links but I am gonna hook them up with quick discos that way I can totally disconnect when on rough trails and e disco when it's mild n I just want to smooth the ride. It will be a few weeks before I get the lift done. It's the RK 2.5 stock mod.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rock crawling in Colorado. Never had an issue with my e disconnect sway bar. Haven't seen any restriction to hinder performance or function.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
Rock crawling in Colorado. Never had an issue with my e disconnect sway bar. Haven't seen any restriction to hinder performance or function.
What lift and links are you runnin?
Old 09-20-2014, 12:59 PM
JK Super Freak

As long as you have proper length links, you can just use the e disco without any worries. The picture in this thread, the link looks way too short so not surprised it folded over.

I've been wheeling for 5 years on mostly rock crawling trails. Never had an issue.

What will limit your travel is not the link but your shocks (assuming you have proper length links). And if your shocks don't stop you, you have other issues to deal with.

This is me with my RK lift. Only using e disco. (And a strap to keep me from rolling!)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3617185772.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	576420  
Old 09-22-2014, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Although I am not the OP I would like to thank everyone for their help on this. I am waiting for my Mopar end links to get here then I will have to get the lift installed. I'll check the links while flexed and if my shocks are not stopping my axle travel before the links get straight down (they should they came. In a package with the lift from Northridge) I'll look into limiting straps or longer links depending. On what the springs are looking like. I'll throw up some pics when I get it all together.

Thanx to the OP for starting this thread and thanx to all who have responded this has really helped.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im running my electric disconnect with my Metal Cloak 3.5" game changer with no issues. I push it to the max and have had no failure>
Old 09-24-2014, 03:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

The best thing the e-disconnect is good for is re-connecting your aftermarket quick-disconnect links. Manually disconnect, go ridin without worrying about the links, then when you're done, use the e-disco. This prevents you from having to find a level spot to park and do the suspension bounce to try and fit your manual links back in. Once re-connected, just turn the e-disco off and the swaybar will reconnect when it's level enough.

-Adam
Old 09-24-2014, 05:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by isolated1523
The best thing the e-disconnect is good for is re-connecting your aftermarket quick-disconnect links. Manually disconnect, go ridin without worrying about the links, then when you're done, use the e-disco. This prevents you from having to find a level spot to park and do the suspension bounce to try and fit your manual links back in. Once re-connected, just turn the e-disco off and the swaybar will reconnect when it's level enough. -Adam
you still need to find level for the e disco.

Quick Reply: Lift with Rubicon Electronic Disconnects