Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift with Rubicon Electronic Disconnects

Old 07-09-2013, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift with Rubicon Electronic Disconnects

So I just recently traded my 11 Sport for a 13 Rubicon. Thinking about putting another Teraflex Leveling Kit on it like I had on my 11. Or maybe going with a 2.5" BB. With the electronic sway bar disconnect, am I okay to use the factory sway bar links? Should I use longer links that come with whatever lift I choose? And if I lift it, does the electronic disconnect get damaged in anyway? Do I loose any flex lifting it?
Old 07-09-2013, 05:13 PM
JK Junkie

Yes you need to extend the links. The factory rears work well on the front.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:16 PM
JK Freak

X2 Ideally you want links long enough to put the sway bar slightly higher than parallel. The issue is if the links are too short and you disconnect using the e disco the link can flip around.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Former Vendor

If you do a small leveling kit then longer drop links are not really needed. The Teraflex Budget boost typically moves the rear drop links to the front and replaces with longer rear links.

You will not harm the E-disco by installing a lift. Even though you have the E-disco we still recommend to manually disconnect. We recommend this for a few reasons. Number one being that it is possible to over rotate the sway bar and when you put weight back down on the tire it will bend the link. Number two is because the link and sway bar could limit your down travel.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

I've never heard of #2. Are you saying you believe the e disco does not provide the flex of a manual disco?
Old 07-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by idiotec
I've never heard of #2. Are you saying you believe the e disco does not provide the flex of a manual disco?
That is correct. If you are manually disconnected then the shock becomes the limit of the suspension travel. If you have the E-disco then the links and the bar can be the limit of the suspension travel.

Now I'm not saying that every ones set up will be limited by the e-disco but it is another potential spot which will limit your travel.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

Hmmmm. My understanding is the e disco is just as effected as disconnecting the links but I cannot say I have any experience testing. I have just not seen any tests that prove otherwise.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Manually disco the axle. Do not use the e-disco. I know of 3 guys who pretzeled their links by using the e-disco.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

That's what happens when you run too short of links.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MMXJKU
Manually disco the axle. Do not use the e-disco. I know of 3 guys who pretzeled their links by using the e-disco.
I know three guys who j-hooked links at the same spot on the same trail (me being one of them). I ruined two sets of links before switching to manual disconnects. That 5 degrees above level stuff only works I you don't turn hard driver at the same time the passenger side is completely flexed.

Quick Reply: Lift with Rubicon Electronic Disconnects