Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Regrets?

Old 01-22-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My only regret was starting with a 2" lift, and then moving up to a 4" lift in less than six months.

Go big or go home!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:41 PM
JK Freak

I did. I had a 3.5" Skyjacker kit, after beiing on this site for a while I wanted bigger. That JK is now gone and my next one will have a 6'' LA Kit for sure.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dizzyliz
No regrets here- but I would eventually like to go bigger

So are you saying size really does matter?

The only regret I have is I should have gone for the 6" primarily because of the eventual droop with the added parts.

OTW NO REGRETS.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Love my lift! Rides better offroad
Old 01-23-2009, 11:15 AM
JK Super Freak

I have had many problems with the FT 3" Ultimate kit, but there are some definite upsides. The adjustable arms with the heim joints are quite stout, and allow lots of flex. The nitro shocks seem very good as well. If I had it to do over again, I would still go for just these components, since they seem excellent, but I have had issues with most everything else and would probably complete the kit with bits sourced elsewhere.

I would highly recommend the Old Man Emu springs in whatever weight is appropriate to your rig and load -- I replaced my FT with OME HD springs, and I love them.

As a side note, I am not impressed with FT's customer service, as they failed to properly chase the threads on one of my control arms, and charged me to have it shipped there and back to fix the problem.

Good luck
Old 01-23-2009, 11:18 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmcan
So are you saying size really does matter?

The only regret I have is I should have gone for the 6" primarily because of the eventual droop with the added parts.

OTW NO REGRETS.
Most of the ladies you let ride would prefer 6" over 2 or 4"
Old 01-23-2009, 11:50 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by YOGURT
I think like most people on this site, You are so happy with your choice for about five to six months. Then the whole I wish I did this and I wish I did that starts happening.
yep, thats why the second time around I just went straight to the long arm..
Old 01-23-2009, 08:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
I have had many problems with the FT 3" Ultimate kit, but there are some definite upsides. The adjustable arms with the heim joints are quite stout, and allow lots of flex. The nitro shocks seem very good as well. If I had it to do over again, I would still go for just these components, since they seem excellent, but I have had issues with most everything else and would probably complete the kit with bits sourced elsewhere.

I would highly recommend the Old Man Emu springs in whatever weight is appropriate to your rig and load -- I replaced my FT with OME HD springs, and I love them.

As a side note, I am not impressed with FT's customer service, as they failed to properly chase the threads on one of my control arms, and charged me to have it shipped there and back to fix the problem.

Good luck

I thought about doing this. Which has a better ride, the OME HD springs or the FT springs? I bought the OME LT shocks for it. How much lift did you get from the OME springs? thanks.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:24 AM
JK Newbie

Ok maybe someone can help here. I have springs that are to soft. Major body role. I have looked at and driven another identical Jeep lifted with the same lift that has no problem. They tell me that they are the same springs yet i can push on the top of my Jeep and move it with ease. I'm all over the road due to this issue. I need new springs. Where should I get them?
Old 03-14-2009, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

i wish i would have gotten a long arm lift from the get go. i didnt wanna start cutting brackets off of a 2 week old jeep. now that its 5 or 6 months old......ill cut em off. hopefully in a few months ill get a long arm lift.

corey d

Quick Reply: Lift Regrets?