Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Regrets?

Old 01-22-2009, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only regret I have is not going with a full coil lift to begin with. I started with the Teraflex BB with shocks and rear trackbar bracket. I have just replaced the BB with OME HD coils, front and rear trackbars from JKS, and a full set of Currie control arms. Now I really have a Frankenlift!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

The regret I have is not having a lift. Right now money is tight so I have to wait but soon hopefully. I will be going with a Teraflex 3" or 4" lift with 35s and 17" or 18" rims.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

If anyone wants, I still have the pucks from my budget boost. That is the only thing that came with the lift though. Just let me know.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
You think the company should replace springs for anyone running a setup that causes spring sag? If I were in your shoes I would just buy a 4" spring from them and go on with life. It is only like $170. No way one company can predict the weight of your components.
Do you not think that a "quality" aftermarket coil manufacturer producing lift kits for jeeps should anticipate the use of other aftermarket products? I'm not saying that they are bad products in general but rather that I got a poor quality production run. I'm not saying that these have sagged 20 or 30% they have sagged 66%! The manufacturer would not even entertain the posibility that they may have had a bad run. If I wanted cheep coils I would have bought some, but I specifically ordered the HD ones knowing that I was going to be adding some weight in the future. I suspect that the combination of my bumper and winch added 100lbs to the front weight. That is a marginal increase.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wish I did a coil lift and not just a BB and went higher 3" full.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Don't regret the height. But I do regret that it's a budget boost. Need to replace with coils and shocks.
Curious why you regret it? Did you get shock adapters? I was planning to get the teraflex 2.5 with the coils and shocks, but I'm insanly broke right now... so I'm curious to hear what you regret about it. thanks
Old 01-22-2009, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

Default lift regrets

No regrets, daily driver and lots of long trips as I am retired and travel to fish
2.5 lift and 33in tires when stock tires wear out . = good ride, fuel mileage
power to pull a small trailer.
life is good
Old 01-22-2009, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Don't regret the height. But I do regret that it's a budget boost. Need to replace with coils and shocks.
X2 that...got the TF BB...should have saved longer to get the TF Coil Lift...
oh well - just gives me another reason for a Saturday afternoon lift party..
Old 01-22-2009, 04:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Northernmedic
Do you not think that a "quality" aftermarket coil manufacturer producing lift kits for jeeps should anticipate the use of other aftermarket products? I'm not saying that they are bad products in general but rather that I got a poor quality production run. I'm not saying that these have sagged 20 or 30% they have sagged 66%! The manufacturer would not even entertain the posibility that they may have had a bad run. If I wanted cheep coils I would have bought some, but I specifically ordered the HD ones knowing that I was going to be adding some weight in the future. I suspect that the combination of my bumper and winch added 100lbs to the front weight. That is a marginal increase.
sorry if I sounded less than sympathetic, I know it must be disappointing. I just think it is hard for a company to make a spring rate to make everyone happy. If they made it strong enough to hold up the heaviest of bumpers, it would ride like a dump truck probably. Maybe they sent you the wrong rating of springs? What bumper/winch/winch rope do you have? My bumper alone weighs like 60 lbs and it is a stubby, some bumpers easily weigh twice what mine do.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
sorry if I sounded less than sympathetic, I know it must be disappointing. I just think it is hard for a company to make a spring rate to make everyone happy. If they made it strong enough to hold up the heaviest of bumpers, it would ride like a dump truck probably. Maybe they sent you the wrong rating of springs? What bumper/winch/winch rope do you have? My bumper alone weighs like 60 lbs and it is a stubby, some bumpers easily weigh twice what mine do.
I agree with you that it must be difficult to satisfy everyone. but is this not the reason why a manufacturer would offer standard and HD components? i'm also on the light side of bumpers (~70lbs) it's not like I'm running a huge warn, ARB or AEV bumper (nothing wrong with these just heavy). My winch has been a Warn M8000 with synthetic rope. Just about the lightest combintion possible.

Quick Reply: Lift Regrets?